DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Ft Lauderdale FL tips

PointG

Reactions
Hey,

New pilot here.

Going to be in Ft Lauderdale staying in the Central Beach area.

Looks like multiple airports are within or close to the 5 mile zone.

Don't plan on traveling from the hotel.

Should I bring my Air or will it be an issue?

TIA,

G

So long as you are inside of 5 miles and outside of 1.5 miles of an Airport with a tower, and you take the time to find the number, call and speak with someone at the tower tell them your flight plan. Know your registration number, serial number and answer any and all questions from them, honestly.

You can start by just calling the Airport and telling them I'm reporting to the tower of my flight plans. You'll get there. Prepared to tell them how high, how long at where at. Have your FAA# handy, in case they ask for it.

My rule of thumb is, always take it, because chances are you're going to regret not taking it when opportunities arise. And, arise they surely will.

Reactions: PointG
Serial number is assigned by DJI at time of manufacture

Registration number is the number you get when you register your drone with the FAA

no different than your car serial number and your motor vehicle registration plate number

Reactions: kewl2000
Serial number is assigned by DJI at time of manufacture

Registration number is the number you get when you register your drone with the FAA

no different than your car serial number and your motor vehicle registration plate number
Thanks. I appreciate the clarification.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78