DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Full immersion?

lolobismavic

Reactions
Hi I have just received my dji goggles yesterday. I am a Bit disappointed. I See the black borders of the screens so it's less immersive if I compare to oculus rift for example. What do you think?

Hi I have just received my dji goggles yesterday. I am a Bit disappointed. I See the black borders of the screens so it's less immersive if I compare to oculus rift for example. What do you think?

Oculus Rifts' are VR (Virtual Reality) headsets. A better comparison would be DJI Goggles vs. Cinemizers, Glyphs or Fatsharks.

I sold my fatshark dominator v3 to get the DJI goggles. No regrets. I also have racing drones but use the Amimon Digital transmitters so I plug into the DJI HDMI port. I like the DJI goggles so much more. Also using them with my Macic and I1 pro

I sold my fatshark dominator v3 to get the DJI goggles. No regrets. I also have racing drones but use the Amimon Digital transmitters so I plug into the DJI HDMI port. I like the DJI goggles so much more. Also using them with my Macic and I1 pro
Haven't tried the DJI Goggles with my Connex Falcore yet, I'll try that combo this weekend.

Haven't tried the DJI Goggles with my Connex Falcore yet, I'll try that combo this weekend.
Just what I have. I was able to stand and fly while using the Fatsharks, With the DJI headset I have to sit because they felt more immersive I found myself leaning into turns. I think you will love it. Have fun!!!

That is a good question that I have no answer for. I only use the DJI apps.

Using a mobile phone and a pair of vr goggles you get true VR, like if you look up and around in haunted house vr you literally think you are there.
The only way for the DJI goggles to be true vr is to have one of the 360 degree cameras that are already out there, to say the DJI googles are immersive is bollocks, its just a screen in a box same as what i made in an hour in a post on here, mines a rough and ready contraption but does exactly the same and cost nothing, i already had the ipad air which up scales the HD image to 2k, so mines about 3 years ahead of dji's coz its 2k:D
No doubt 5 years from now a mavic will have a 360 degree camera on it with a vr option in the menu to go true vr, If you use a vr headset with a cell phone that has a 4k screen (sony z5) and play vr haunted house app, after 20 minutes it does start to do your brain in and you think your there, we went to a massive field and walked around in pace with the game and it got really exciting.
To summarise
DJI Goggles are just a screen in a box so if you want the same and have a Ipad mini, ipad, android tablet etc just get one of these and just use the wheels on controller for tracking the camera because you can do the same as the head tracking with you fingers.
Hoodman Drone Aviator hood kit: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

and to be honest a 4k cellphone in a $20 vr headset is so good you lose the screen door effect you used to have with old mobile phone's, that all DJI have done, got a screen and put it in a really good pair of vr googles.
My Ipad contraption does the same
click on the landscape image to see the 2k resolution

Sorry, but I can only see myself falling forward. It looks so heavy despite it probably not being heavy. It's huge though. ;) :D

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dronesforlife