DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Fully Discharged Battery Not Charging

bkushner

Reactions
I had a situation yesterday where my battery died a few seconds after landing, a full discharge. Now when I connect to the charger it WON'T charge. Did I kill the battery by discharging it fully? Any hope?

Define fully? Fully as in showed zero percent on screen or did you have the battery tab up and it showed a cell (Or multiple) at below 3.0V? The battery "Should" have saved itself...how long did you wait till you attempted recharge.?

Define fully? Fully as in showed zero percent on screen or did you have the battery tab up and it showed a cell (Or multiple) at below 3.0V? The battery "Should" have saved itself...how long did you wait till you attempted recharge.?
Like drone went dead right after landing and yes 0%. I tried charging about 8 hours later.

I had a situation yesterday where my battery died a few seconds after landing, a full discharge. Now when I connect to the charger it WON'T charge. Did I kill the battery by discharging it fully? Any hope?
Hello Bkushner, There is an update that is a correction of this issue. Did you update firmeware of controler AND drone?
Hope this is help.

Yes but since the battery is dead I can't use it to start the drone..

Is there any trick to get this battery to charge?
I don't mean to make light of it, but the phrase "he's dead, Jim" comes to mind.
You just can't let LiPo batteries (and really any Lithium chemistry) get anywhere near 0%; I even keep my car (which has a very expensive BMS) above 10%.

Reactions: bkushner
Based on what I've read, those batteries never go below 25% even though you see 0%. They're supposed to be smart and therefore protect themselves.

Based on what I've read, those batteries never go below 25% even though you see 0%. They're supposed to be smart and therefore protect themselves.
Well the drone turned off about 5 feet above ground and the battery is DOA.

Don't believe everything you read.
The BMS is not well designed, and LiPo chemistry is very sensitive to low voltage. Bottom line: don't run these batteries to empty, and definitely don't leave them there.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78