Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Future DSAR training - 13 Jul and 27 Sep

RCdancer

Approved Vendor
Reactions
Site
www.dronesar.info
After our Board meeting today, here's what's on the schedule for future DSAR training:
  • DSAR Training in Chattanooga TN on Sat, 13 Jul (This replaces the cancelled training in Acworth and is also the official kickoff for the TN DSAR chapter in Chattanooga which will be headed by Aviator on the forum)
  • DSAR Training/Testing in Waynesville NC near Ashville 27-28 Sep. (First day is SAR testing of the hydrogen-powered drone from Ballard Power and second day is DSAR training.)
Training in both locations is limited to the first 20 to sign up. We will open registration once we lock in training locations.

Last edited:
Well, it’s only 4miles further for me (915miles) so you can count me in!!! But I won’t get my hopes up this time, otherwise that mean lady Mother Nature will just rain on our party again, stupid Mother Nature!! I’ll probably still bring my kid with me, she was really excited about the 1st trip

Well, it’s only 4miles further for me (915miles) so you can count me in!!! But I won’t get my hopes up this time, otherwise that mean lady Mother Nature will just rain on our party again, stupid Mother Nature!! I’ll probably still bring my kid with me, she was really excited about the 1st trip

.... and she will get to fly a scenario under my tutelage ;)

Awesome!!! Thanks definitely looking forward to getting this training under my belt

I hope to have the exact location for the NC (Sept 28th) training and Eval session nailed down either today or Monday. Waiting on another board to meet and give us the OK (or not lol).

Reactions: RCdancer and Smalls
Do you have any information on exactly where we will be on July 13? I wanted to see if hotel will allow me to change dates from last canceled trip. They wanted to charge me $178. Crazy crazy crazy! Anyhow, if or when you find out will you please post it so I can try and get the hookup on some fancy hotel that will serve me and my daughter ice cream in the middle of the night

I"m only about 75 miles away down near Guntersville, AL. I'm interested in this event. Please consider me a participant in this event when the location is dialed in.

Steve

Reactions: Smalls
There is no training this weekend in Chattanooga as we were unable to secure a suitable venue. Training in NC is locked in for Sep 28 with 22 people paid up on the registration fee to date; only 2 slots are left.

There is no training this weekend in Chattanooga as we were unable to secure a suitable venue. Training in NC is locked in for Sep 28 with 22 people paid up on the registration fee to date; only 2 slots are left.
where in North Carolina?
do you still have a spot open?
i have a daughter and her family there

I see it

Anyone help me with finding the exact location of this weekend DSAR training. I’m coming from Austin Texas and I need to plan out the trip. I know it’s in Waynesville near Asheville but where? I lost all my information and links and bookmarks (user error). I can just drive East till I find a drone in the air but that seems to difficult

No more slots but we have a waiting list in case of cancellations.
Ron,
I think you are to Registry with the state of north Carolina to fly your drones in that state. Go to the Department of transportation website.
I did. They have a free online test that you take and when you pass you can print out your registration cards, for Government and commercial.

Reactions: BigAl07
Anyone help me with finding the exact location of this weekend DSAR training. I’m coming from Austin Texas and I need to plan out the trip. I know it’s in Waynesville near Asheville but where? I lost all my information and links and bookmarks (user error). I can just drive East till I find a drone in the air but that seems to difficult

The flying site is "Caring Place Loop, Clyde NC 28786".

If you need accomodations etc send me a message and I'll get you information sent right back.

Ron,
I think you are to Registry with the state of north Carolina to fly your drones in that state. Go to the Department of transportation website.
I did. They have a free online test that you take and when you pass you can print out your registration cards, for Government and commercial.

That's true and something I totally forgot about... thanks NC DOT Aviation Division LOL.

Ok
Thanks

I've got a call in with our NC DOT Aviation Div rep right now for clarification on whether this is "required" for training only....

The FAA does NOT require Part 107 or Commercial Registration for "training only" so I'm hoping that NC DOT follows that lead and says the same thing.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
InspectorTom