DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

FW .1000 for Goggles and HDMI input (POLL)

Is it fixed in .1000?

• No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It's even worse!!!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Cyberpower678

Reactions
I know @Kilrah provided a confirmation of the HDMI video scaling issues being resolved for this release, but I want to absolutely be sure since .700 is the last confirmed FW that doesn't have this issue.

On FW .800 and .900 video going into the the goggles via HDMI was slightly, but noticeably scaled down making 1080p inputs fuzzy instead of sharp. Users are presented with a slightly shrunk image pushed to the bottom of the display leaving black bars on the top, left and right of the display as shown below.
screencapture_2-jpg.14863

I am asking this question because once I upgrade, it will be impossible to downgrade legitimately to .700. I am asking if .1000 has fixed this issue and once again allows HDMI video to use the full screen.

Pinging @Robbyg, @GerdS (who seems to be close to my current location), @fnf, and @GooniesNeverDie who have confirmed this issue with their own eyes.

I can confirm that this issue has been fixed. The HDMI video is displayed to all edges of the screen with no scaling.

Reactions: Cyberpower678
I just tested with the same equipment as before and the issue is almost same as before. Maybe the black bars around the image are more equal in thickness than before.
Have tested with both 720p and 1080p setting at the HDMI converter, no difference.

ScreenCapture_4.jpg

Last edited:
Don't look at me Cyberpower to break the tie. I am not updating mine for the same reasons.

Rob

@GerdS you forgot to go increase the display size. By default it's the same as before, but the difference is that now you can set it 2 clicks bigger than that, when before it was the max.

I found that with Goggles firmware 1000 and Mavic firmware 700 the Head Tracking functions no longer works**. Could anyone please check/confirm?.

**I have not had time to test flight it to see if it only doesn't work whilst stationary.

Thank you everyone. I habe updated my goggles to .1000. I won't be able to test the HDMI until September, but I'm glad that I can also take advantage of the great new features for the goggles.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pleopard