DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

G’day from a Dane Down Under Sydney

Welcome from the coastal state of North Carolina! If you like playing with photoshop, download the free version of Davinci Resolve to start your video editing. Very good software, lots of tutorials on youtube to get you started.
This is definitely my weakness managing my videos, edit, modify and enhance video!

Just saw this thread pop up, welcome to the forum Henrik.
All things in good time, the learning never stops be it flight aspects or editing.

The important thing is flying safely first, and getting your bird home every flight without risk to others or your drone.

Flying in Sydney can be a bit difficult, you probably found the various CASA apps where you can fly regarding airspace, then you have to watch local council regs / bylaws, most bury something about drones / model aircraft in there somewhere.

Though if you fly smart, try and go weekdays when others are at work, fly with respect of others in the area, find remote corners of parklands to base, then you can certainly get some decent practice in.

All the best, enjoy the mini 3 pro.

Welcome from the coastal state of North Carolina! If you like playing with photoshop, download the free version of Davinci Resolve to start your video editing. Very good software, lots of tutorials on youtube to get you started.
Just saw this thread pop up, welcome to the forum Henrik.
All things in good time, the learning never stops be it flight aspects or editing.

The important thing is flying safely first, and getting your bird home every flight without risk to others or your drone.

Flying in Sydney can be a bit difficult, you probably found the various CASA apps where you can fly regarding airspace, then you have to watch local council regs / bylaws, most bury something about drones / model aircraft in there somewhere.

Though if you fly smart, try and go weekdays when others are at work, fly with respect of others in the area, find remote corners of parklands to base, then you can certainly get some decent practice in.

All the best, enjoy the mini 3 pro.
Thanks, yes finding spots locally to fly is extremely challenging but did find a park “not far away” 3km… to practice. Unfortunately live under the flight path but far enough out to not impact any flights.

I have added propeller guards to my drone, for my own and that of others safety.
Adding a strobe as well, mainly due to own failing eyesight.

I didn’t know about the local bylaws I was/am relying on the CASA, so there is more to look out for! 🙄👍

My FiL, started up his MINI 2 under the patio! Not sure what he did but I have half a propeller blade stuck in the wood! 😂😢
But it taught an otherwise very safety conscious man, to be even more cautious!

I think getting to know the drone, controller etc. is my starting point but it’s a slow process. Then moving to the image capturing process in particular video.

I didn’t realise when I first bought the Mini 3 Pro that their aperture was fixed.
Just looked at the specs… ahhh 1.7f good for low light 😎 thinking I can always change the aperture. So then comes the jungle of filters… imagine being able to adjust variable filters on the fly!!

Reactions: Hauptmann
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
valter123