DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

General Aviation and Part 107

Rikooprate

Reactions
I am wanting to obtain my part 107 cert, and thought it would be a relatively straight forward process: register, study, schedule test and finally pass. However, at this point I'm totally turned around. There's a general avionics test online, right? I found the study guide for that. My problem is locating the Part 107 study guide released April 2021. I think that's what I'm looking for anyways. Can anyone please verify that I'm on the right track, and if so where I find the April 2021 release of the study guide.

Contact the FAA and ask them if there is an updated version of the 14CFR107 test study guide.

[email protected]

Last time I checked the 2016 Remote Pilot Study Guide was still the best available.

What you’re looking for is this: Small Unmanned Aircraft Systems Operating Handbook (FAA-H-8083-24), which has been in the works, responding to the operating changes of April 2021, and it’s existence is noted in some official channels, but as far as I know it is still in draft form and hasn’t been finalized for release.

If you look at this page, you’ll find the 2016 study guide is still the only FAA comprehensive guide. You’ll need to supplement it with up-to-date materials on Operations Over People (OOP), over Vehicles, Remote ID, and Operations at Night content, which is scattered around faa.gov and many other sources.

Or find an updated private course, etc. Self-study is just a little harder now since April.

If you take the TRUST training/exam it’s actually a great supplement for post-April 2021, it’s free, and will provide good grounding for your Pt. 107 study.

FAA Airman Testing Standards Branch (AFS-630) Website (http://www.faa.gov/training_testing/testing/)

• Testing Resources
    • Reference Handbooks, including:
      • Pilot’s Handbook of Aeronautical Knowledge (PHAK)
      • Small Unmanned Aircraft Systems Operating Handbook (FAA-H-8083-24) (availability to be determined (TBD))
    • Airman Certification Standards, including:
      • Unmanned Aircraft System Airman Certification Standards
    • Knowledge Testing Authorization Requirements Matrix
    • Airman Knowledge Test Guides, including:
      • Remote Pilot Knowledge Test Guide
      • Link for a practice test for the FAA Unmanned Aircraft General (UAG) Knowledge Test
  • Knowledge Testing
    • Commercial Testing Center List (Knowledge Testing Centers)
    • Airman Knowledge Testing Supplement for Sport Pilot, Recreational Pilot, Remote Pilot, and Private Pilot (FAA-CT-8080-2H)

You don't want to do anything with Avionics on line. Avionics would be all about the instrumentation in a GA aircraft and nothing to do with drone flying or Part 107.

Reactions: Rikooprate
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sam the Slam