DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Successful Part 107 test story

minipilotmda

Reactions
I just wanted to share my story. I successfully took and passed the test on the first try. I used an AI essay/question generator to study the "high points" of the test. It worked to perfection. That said, 20 of the 60 questions on my test were sectional charts so make sure that you study those. Best of luck all .

successfully took and passed the test on the first try.
I double-down on @Prop Wash 's Congratulations! I passed my Part 107 about 13 months ago and it took about 8-weeks for my actual license to arrive. Even if you do not go commercial with your part 107 license, you can now fly in places and at times, your Rec Pilot friends cannot…

Be Good and Fly Safe!

you can now fly in places and at times, your Rec Pilot friends cannot…
Interesting. I wasn’t aware that was the case. Since I’m lacking in this area of information, would you describe for me what those areas are so I understand what I’ve been missing out on.
Thanks in advance.

describe for me what those areas are so I understand what I’ve been missing out on.
Just a teaser or two… It's more fun when you discover these Bonus options on your own…

In my case, I live in a very controlled Airspace area… I live in a Zero Altitude Quadrant as it is only 4-miles from an Air Force Base. Only a Part 107 licensed pilot can get an authorization to fly in a Zero Altitude Zone… Before I acquired my Part 107, I could not even fly in my own back yard… With my part 107, I routinely get 3-month authorizations… I jokingly say, I live in a "Drone Taxi Zone" as my neighbors who also have drones cannot fly here… Note that my location places me almost dead center between the base and an airport and depending on whether I am in my front yard or back yard determines what warnings I get on my Fly App…

Home Map with Warnings.jpg

Besides the AF Base just SE of me, I have an International Airport just a few mile NW of me and about once a month, Air Force One and Air Force Two, fly down here and practice Touch and Goes at the Airport…

Next, when you apply for a LAANC authorization, only a Part 107 Licensed Pilot can get a Night Time Authorization, a Rec Pilot cannot get a Night Time Authorization…

Now that I've teased you, visit various places that do not allow Drones and explain that you are a licensed drone pilot making a professional film and ask permission to fly there and you might be surprised to learn that they might even have suggestions of some especially nice locations…

Part 107 pilots are also permitted to fly up to 400' above structures. You have to keep the drone within 400' laterally and there's no additional altitude above structures allowed in controlled airspace where you have a LAANC authorization.

I had a thought this would be related to fixed wing aircraft traffic which fortunately, I don’t have to contend with. Not real hard to find interesting places to fly in my neck of the woods and have zero interest in the 107 tag.
Thanks for the info!

Reactions: LoudThunder
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brokerman