DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

GEO 2.0 Explained

Good interview Rick and lots of good info ... Not exactly non-biased (as Rick comes at the interview from an "I love it!" angle), but Brendan answered all the questions that someone who was anti-NFZ would ask anyway. It is good to see that DJI recognise the potential for over-regulation and are doing a lot to combat that - rather than just leave it to their end-users!

Sorry, but he didn't explain the reasoning for the NFZ's imposed by DJI. He merely said that you could get an authorization for them, which needs to be turned on and off depending if you're inside or outside the area and they need to be renewed every so often. My authorization is only good for a 1500 meter radius, meaning I have to get another authorization to fly outside of that while I'm under DJI's control. I contacted the tower controlling the airspace in my area and they said they could care less about the drones as long as they respected the FAA UAS ceilings. DJI simply threw a blanket over my area even though I have a 400' ceiling.

Reactions: frank candor
Sorry, but he didn't explain the reasoning for the NFZ's imposed by DJI. He merely said that you could get an authorization for them, which needs to be turned on and off depending if you're inside or outside the area and they need to be renewed every so often. My authorization is only good for a 1500 meter radius, meaning I have to get another authorization to fly outside of that while I'm under DJI's control. I contacted the tower controlling the airspace in my area and they said they could care less about the drones as long as they respected the FAA UAS ceilings. DJI simply threw a blanket over my area even though I have a 400' ceiling.

To save us from ourselves.

Reactions: frank candor
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xa_