DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

trouble transferring fly safe geo zone unlock to drone

photodm

Reactions
Hello.
I have a scheduled shoot near a small rural airport (used for ultralights) tomorrow and have made the necessary request for a geo zone unlock. It was granted and shows up on my iphone DJI Fly app.
I cannot get it to transfer to my Air 3.
I would like to know how to do this from my office and in the field, if possible.

Please advise.
Thank you in advance.

It is not just an issue with the RC-N2(smart phone attached as in your case), it is also a technical glitch with the RC2. I apply for the unlock as I have many times in this particular area, I get the message that the unlock is successful but it will not update the remote. No matter how many times you do it. I have even reset the drone and remote with no luck. So I hope DJI is aware and that there will be an update very soon. But probably not in time for your flight tomorrow.
Hello.
I have a scheduled shoot near a small rural airport (used for ultralights) tomorrow and have made the necessary request for a geo zone unlock. It was granted and shows up on my iphone DJI Fly app.
I cannot get it to transfer to my Air 3.
I would like to know how to do this from my office and in the field, if possible.

Please advise.
Thank you in advance.

UPDATE I was able to get this to work this evening. One different thing happened that was different than yesterday. This evening it asked me to enter my phone number to verify my account. I then received a text with a code to enter into the RC. I did this and then was prompted one more time to unlock the zone and this time it worked. I hope you get yours to work.

Reactions: b1xn00d and photodm
UPDATE I was able to get this to work this evening. One different thing happened that was different than yesterday. This evening it asked me to enter my phone number to verify my account. I then received a text with a code to enter into the RC. I did this and then was prompted one more time to unlock the zone and this time it worked. I hope you get yours to work.
Thanks for the info. When were you prompted? Did you need to uninstall-reinstall anything? I saw there was another firmware update. Perhaps that fixed it?

It prompted me on the first try this evening. Unlike the evening before it just kept repeating the ‘unlock successful’ but would not clear it in the drone. It might have been in an update.

It prompted me on the first try this evening. Unlike the evening before it just kept repeating the ‘unlock successful’ but would not clear it in the drone. It might have been in an update.
Were you in office or out in field?

That was another way to get approval. It's not the approval you received ahead of time on the computer. Once you are approved on the computer you must have drone and controller running. Controller must have online signal to received the approval. Under safety menu scroll down to unlock geo zones. When you open this you should see the approval. Click to send it to the drone and you should be good to go.

Reactions: Limewood
Gadetdude,

I did just this in the office, was granted approval and then loaded it to the drone in the office. Thought I was all set. Once in the field using my phone as a hotspot was getting no internet notifications when trying to unlock.

I don't understand the extra layer of big brother even after getting a LAANC approval. The area in question is a restricted airspace which does not show up in Skyvector and FAA UAS Data. I did see some thread about this that I have to pour over to understand.

I just got the new Mavic 3 Pro I did all the steps that I always do to unlock the Palm Springs Airspace on my Pro 2. I can see the approval in the remote but when I go to transfer it to the drone the approval isn't there and it says something like aircraft disconnected. But it is connected! I'm wondering if this might be an issue, yesterday when I was registering my drone through the FAA website it asks for the manufacturer's Remote ID serial number, but the remote ID serial number I found in the about section of the remote wasn't accepted on the FAA website. I had to use the actual drone serial number to get my registration number which I thought was weird. Could this be why I'm having this issue?

Last edited:
I just got the new Mavic 3 Pro I did all the steps that I always do to unlock the Palm Springs Airspace on my Pro 2. I can see the approval in the remote but when I go to transfer it to the drone the approval isn't there and it says something like aircraft disconnected. But it is connected! I'm wondering if this might be an issue, yesterday when I was registering my drone through the FAA website it asks for the manufacturer's Remote ID serial number, but the remote ID serial number I found in the about section of the remote wasn't accepted on the FAA website. I had to use the actual drone serial number to get my registration number which I thought was weird. Could this be why I'm having this issue?
Unlikely. FAA registration is completely independent of DJI unlocks.

Unlikely. FAA registration is completely independent of DJI unlocks.
You are correct. I contacted DJI support after posting my issue. The problem was that I used the Remote ID serial number which I think both the FAA and the DJI Fly Safe website ask for when you should actually be using just the drone serial number on both websites. Both websites just need to state enter your drone serial number!

Reactions: GadgetGuy
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
henryairsoft1