DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

georeferencing photos

can you georeference photos with the mavic pro? need for mapping and calculating acres

• Total voters

formav

Reactions
Interested in calculating acres and using photos for mapping purposes. Is the mavic pro capable of geo-referencing photos or is there software compatible with the mavic pro?

Interested in calculating acres and using photos for mapping purposes. Is the mavic pro capable of geo-referencing photos or is there software compatible with the mavic pro?

Hi.
I just did a test using DJI ground station pro and then fed in the photos to precision mapper.
Worked really well.
Another alternative is just to use google earth and ping area and distance from that if you are not interested in an up to date photo of the are.

Good luck.
Matt.

Hi.
I just did a test using DJI ground station pro and then fed in the photos to precision mapper.
Worked really well.
Another alternative is just to use google earth and ping area and distance from that if you are not interested in an up to date photo of the are.

Good luck.
Matt.[/QUOTE
Hi.
Worked really well.

Good luck.
Matt.
Thank you Matt for your response. Received mav pro drone for a gift and trying to decide if it will do what I mainly need. Mainly looking to fly drone straight up and take a photo of area
and then work with in Arcview. Thanks again!

Hi.
Worked really well.

Good luck.
Matt.
Hey Matt - Is the DJI ground station pro compatible with the Mavic Pro? Are you piloting the Mavic Pro?

GS Pro works great with Mavic especially if you have the large screen iPad Pro

Last edited:
Is DJI ground station reliant on a cell/mobile signal or will it work here in the outback "out of range" straight off GPS satellites?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magic31