DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

GET NEW MAVIC LOW-NOISE PROPS NOW!

No need to pre-order from the UK. We can pre-order the same props here in the US for cheaper money. :p

That may be true. However, the items you refer to in your previous post are listed as ‘one pair’ of blades. Mavics use two pairs of blades. Furthermore, the items are not being sold as DJI manufactured blades, as the ones I’d be buying for £9.20 are. I’d prefer to play safe, in what is a low-cost item by comparison to the value of the drone that will be relying on it.

Hey guys !!! DJI sent me an email today stating that the Platinum batteries AND props are not out of stock any more and now for sale on their web site !! I went ahead and ordered 2 pair (4) of those.
Check it out --> Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet
tckD2pI

That may be true. However, the items you refer to in your previous post are listed as ‘one pair’ of blades. Mavics use two pairs of blades. Furthermore, the items are not being sold as DJI manufactured blades, as the ones I’d be buying for £9.20 are. I’d prefer to play safe, in what is a low-cost item by comparison to the value of the drone that will be relying on it.
I totally agree with you about playing safe there. I don't want some cheap imitation props on my $1000 drone anyway. But problem solved now as I have ordered the real genuine props now on the official DJI page. :)

I too got the email from DJI this morning and ordered my gold tip props, from DJI, the platinum ones are still out of stock.

If you noticed at the bottom of the DJI store listing it states that ...

"This product is manufactured by SZ DJI Baiwang Technology Co., Ltd. affiliated with DJI Group"

I sent and email to customer service at SZ DJI Baiwang Technology Co about a month ago, when all the props where showing up on eBay and ask it they were the official DJI props, and was Baiwang Tech send out official props to 3rd party sellers, and received a reply from Baiwang customer service just stating that "I should wait until the props are available on the DJI store before I buy them". No other information as to if the props I was seeing were official DJI props or not. But my guess is that they were not. Baiwang Tech did not elaborate.

So I waited until I got my notice from DJI today and bought a set.

Last edited:
Reactions: Brojon
Good news is in case of bogus product I'm protected. Seriously - why get yourself in an uproar over a possibility?
It's very common for a middle man to put in an order and wait for stock to come in - they know these will be in demand.
I'd say they're just practicing good business.
Capitalism!

Well, received an email from DJI this morning stating that out of the MPP, the MPP batteries and MPP props, the props were shipped today. I swear am going to receive that drone pieces by pieces at this pace.

Reactions: Bunny Too
DJI filled the first pre-order for props and quickly ran out, they informed me they send out "IN STOCK" notifications for people who have requested it, sent me one on the last lot, ordered them, payment accepted, payment received, then stuck there waiting to ship. People who have pre-ordered and made payment will receive theirs first, I assume they will run out again before the people getting notifications will have a chance to purchase.They can not give an estimated time when the next lot will be delivered, so I'm told.

Pretty much doesn't matter as people who have tried the new props say there is very little difference between old and new.

DJI filled the first pre-order for props and quickly ran out, they informed me they send out "IN STOCK" notifications for people who have requested it, sent me one on the last lot, ordered them, payment accepted, payment received, then stuck there waiting to ship. People who have pre-ordered and made payment will receive theirs first, I assume they will run out again before the people getting notifications will have a chance to purchase.They can not give an estimated time when the next lot will be delivered, so I'm told.

Pretty much doesn't matter as people who have tried the new props say there is very little difference between old and new.
It's because the props alone aren't the only things DJI changed on the MPP. The low noise of the new drone is also due to the addition of the new FOC ESC along with the propellers. So people buying those thinking they will work to silent their Mavic will have a small reduced sound but not as much as they expected from watch the MPP in flight demo video.

And got my spare props today. Unfortunately, the spare batteries I have ordered and paid for the same day I ordered the props are still in "pending" status in my order screen. :(

I received the new props from DJI today. Took about 3 days to arrive after ordering them. Don't know about all the discussions regarding decibels but these props are definitely quieter than the originals. Above about 125 feet, MP is much quieter. Haven't been able to reach as much speed in sport mode but will try again when I have more room to fly than today's quick flights.
Overall I'm very impressed for the small cost. Didn't require a firmware upgrade.

people who have tried the new props say there is very little difference between old and new.

??? "People" who have tried them may or not be factually correct, but every single blessed one of them around here have said they are quieter and have even used videos to demo that. Where did you get this info?

??? "People" who have tried them may or not be factually correct, but every single blessed one of them around here have said they are quieter and have even used videos to demo that. Where did you get this info?
Watch this test, there is about a 4db difference at 3 foot distance, plus many people on the DJI forum are reporting negligible difference using Platinum props on the M Pro, at hover and at 10 meters away most ears will not notice a 4db difference.

Mavic 8330 vs 8331 Db Test

Last edited:
Reactions: drakkor
It's because the props alone aren't the only things DJI changed on the MPP. The low noise of the new drone is also due to the addition of the new FOC ESC along with the propellers. So people buying those thinking they will work to silent their Mavic will have a small reduced sound but not as much as they expected from watch the MPP in flight demo video.

And got my spare props today. Unfortunately, the spare batteries I have ordered and paid for the same day I ordered the props are still in "pending" status in my order screen. :(
Yup the new props are optimal for the Platinum, the latest FW update incorporated adjustments in the fine tuning for the ESC's into the M Pro to adapt to the new prop design.

Reactions: drakkor
many people on the DJI forum are reporting negligible difference using Platinum props on the M Pro
I just took a look over there, the only threads I found showed people being quite pleased with the upgrade, saying they were noticeably quieter. I've only found one user (here) that said he didn't notice a difference.

Watch this test, there is about a 4db difference at 3 foot distance, plus many people on the DJI forum are reporting negligible difference using Platinum props on the M Pro, at hover and at 10 meters away most ears will not notice a 4db difference.

4dB is pretty noticeable, saying that most ears won't hear it is not true. It's not huge, but it's definitely noticeable.

Pitch changes as well, and even if the dB difference wasn't noticeable, the pitch change can alter people's perception - especially for a drone (no pun intended) where lower is typically seen as more palatable.

If you want to cite 4dB and say it's very little difference, that's fine, that's your opinion as to what level of change you want to call a little or a lot and where that lands you on the new props. It's the implication that people with the props agree with you, that they didn't perceive much change, is where I think you're incorrect.

4db is over half . Seems significant to me.

Reactions: JetexJim and uhliar
4db is over half . Seems significant to me.

3dB difference is double or half, as for power. Something less than but in the neighborhood of 10dB difference is double or half the volume (this is subjective). Pitch factors into the subjective thing too. Generally, 1dB is considered a just noticeable difference to a trained person, 3db should be able to be picked up by an average person.

Either way though I do agree 4dB is significant. but everyone has their own opinion on what they consider to be significant.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cut.Aussie

Yes they will. 4db is probably more than you think

The props are now back on sale for anyone that wants to pick them up. They cost me $20 after shipping! 10-15 days arrival from date of payment confirmation. So I should get them right in time for my new Mavic Pro Platinum to arrive.

The props are now back on sale for anyone that wants to pick them up. They cost me $20 after shipping! 10-15 days arrival from date of payment confirmation. So I should get them right in time for my new Mavic Pro Platinum to arrive.

I'd suggest double check your order. $10 for a pair, x2 to have the 4 props that are needed, + $10 shipping was $30 for me.

Also, if you bought the Mavic Platinum, they are already on there to start with. More props will make a good backup but you didn't need to order them to test them or anything.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SkyTechDji