DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Getting “Not Enough Force/ESC Error” every time I fly now.

Hallywood78

Reactions
It was stuck in one area about 500 feet away (200 feet up) and I could not get it home. It would start to descend on its own occasionally. About 32 degrees F and 3.9 mph wind.

Any advice is appreciated.

It was stuck in one area about 500 feet away (200 feet up) and I could not get it home. It would start to descend on its own occasionally. About 32 degrees F and 3.9 mph wind.

Any advice is appreciated.

First thought is to check the Props make sure they are on tight and positioned on the right sequence, maybe if you put a sticker on your drone or something you might have put them on backwards.

I have made mention in other posts about the Props being easily blocked with debris , grit sand, dust , pollen and thus why we added Prop Covers to our drone.

Despite those ideas , it could be under estimating the amount of wind that high up , 3.9 mph is really low for area.

My gut says it Could also be magnetic Interference from where you first took off on your flight.

Best to do a Hover for 26 minutes and see if happens again and record it.

Phantomrain.org
Elite gear for your Mavic
Coal

Last edited:
Thank you for the response. Props appear to be good. Showing 9 mph wind at 200 feet as of now. The error has occurred from the exact same take off point but I’ve had many successful flights from this same area. It’s my drive way/main take off point. I may try a different area soon just to see.

I did the latest updates before the flight in question. Same issue before and after. Thank you.
odd, for me and for most others the .300 firmware did fix that. try connecting drone to the dji assistant application, and press 'refresh' to re-flash .300 into it.

after that, fly it with 3-5mph wind, if it still produces same messages - i think you need to open a ticket and try to replace the bird, it should not be happening. yesterday i flew if for 15min above the forest at 70m altitude with 7-10mph wind, in all modes, had no warnings at all.

also, i presume, you did not have that safety cage mounted around props, right?

odd, for me and for most others the .300 firmware did fix that. try connecting drone to the dji assistant application, and press 'refresh' to re-flash .300 into it.

after that, fly it with 3-5mph wind, if it still produces same messages - i think you need to open a ticket and try to replace the bird, it should not be happening. yesterday i flew if for 15min above the forest at 70m altitude with 7-10mph wind, in all modes, had no warnings at all.

also, i presume, you did not have that safety cage mounted around props, right?
Thank you. :( No cage

So you were dealing with a similar issue?

Thank you. :( No cage

So you were dealing with a similar issue?
i had messages popping up with .200 firmware, even while just trying to take off and gain altitude with giving full left stick up. after upgrade to .300 i did not see those messages, at least not yet.
i would not be extremely concerned, to be honest, but, you can always open a ticket with DJI and submit logs if it keeps happening.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78