DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Getting it out of your system ! Fly higher

Phantomrain.org

Approved Vendor
Reactions
I always thought it was cool that DJI gave us a 1640 ft Ceiling because they like us. But than again here is where the love really goes.

Knowing what my Air 2S can really do is, very rewarding for when I go to china . lollllll

Majority of my flights now under 250 as I find going higher not to cinematic. .

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Air 2S in the Rain, Land on the Water , and Dream of 3000 meters.

Last edited:
Well let us know if you go and do get back how it went 😳
😉

ANyone else think that thing had a rough trip down, at least initially?

ANyone else think that thing had a rough trip down, at least initially?
Around peak Alt. and into the descent.. yeah, wow, the Horizon Ind was bouncing around like it was a Pin Ball, max-flippers and ready to Tilt.. there would have been some wild wind out of those storms.. but how steady was the gimbal??! That's amazing capability.. I'd be wanting someone to hand over the folding stuff for the replacement before I gave 3000M a go on a stormy night.

Reactions: basyok
...and then I read the regs posted by eEridani . Max Alt 120M! ...like, Wow, This video goes to 3K.. fill your boots! and interestingly, those regs are specifically naming "famous DJI drone" and owners must explicitly register and perform properly.

Unbelievable to watch. But I can’t help thinking that a passenger jet ✈️ could appear in an instant. Then what? How could you live with the fact that you were responsible for a “potential” collision of that magnitude? It’s too frightening to contemplate. As for me… I’m sticking to 120 metres.

I spoke with someone in regards to jet planes coming out of no where and was told that in China there is air space where planes our not allowed to fly over , I think this may be one of them or at least I hope so.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain.

I think this thread is just one more proof STUPID doesn't stop at race, nationality, creed, gender, time of day, wealth, etc.

Reactions: EtheB and Jamesz
The one thing I found most interesting is that DJI has the ability to Limit the Height As many of know , so why allow for such high alt flights in the first place ?

Do they have that much faith in the there citizens in a land of plenty. lol

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain.

WOW !!

The one thing I found most interesting is that DJI has the ability to Limit the Height As many of know , so why allow for such high alt flights in the first place ?

Do they have that much faith in the there citizens in a land of plenty. lol

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain.
For me the extended altitude has allowed me to fly mountain and canyon contours that were impossible with a 400 foot limit from point of takeoff. I still maintain no more than 400 feet above the ground below (generally only 150 feet above terrain based on estimated height of trees).
Before I discovered this feature I had to climb to the top of a mountain or canyon rim and fly down following the countour to accomplish what I needed to do. Now in most situations I have been able to takeoff from a valley floor and fly up to complete my mission. Saves me literally hours of climbing as well as most of the increased risks that comes with climbs on steep terrain.

For me the extended altitude has allowed me to fly mountain and canyon contours that were impossible with a 400 foot limit from point of takeoff. I still maintain no more than 400 feet above the ground below (generally only 150 feet above terrain based on estimated height of trees).
Before I discovered this feature I had to climb to the top of a mountain or canyon rim and fly down following the countour to accomplish what I needed to do. Now in most situations I have been able to takeoff from a valley floor and fly up to complete my mission. Saves me literally hours of climbing as well as most of the increased risks that comes with climbs on steep terrain.the
Surely your drone's manual contained something along the line of
"Flight Altitude and Distance Limits
The flight altitude and distance limits can be changed in DJI (insert App verision here). Based on these settings, the aircraft will fly in a restricted cylinder, as shown below: "

With the diagram of a cylinder below that 'quote'.

There are similar section in the manuals of my drones that use either Go, GO4 & Fly.

Around peak Alt. and into the descent.. yeah, wow, the Horizon Ind was bouncing around like it was a Pin Ball, max-flippers and ready to Tilt.. there would have been some wild wind out of those storms.. but how steady was the gimbal??! That's amazing capability.. I'd be wanting someone to hand over the folding stuff for the replacement before I gave 3000M a go on a stormy night.
The gimbal is insanely good. I've taken up my 360 camera attached to my MA2, and dear lord, you can see just how much everything is moving and vibrating from the 360's video - it's unreal, but the drone video is dead calm.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AVI Drones