DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Getting ready for Black Friday

Jim.b

Reactions
Hey Folks.
I've been on the fence about getting a Mavic for a while now. (i've built and flown many (450 class) drones, just nothing as expensive as a Mavic!). Black Friday might just push me over the edge...

Where should I be looking in the UK for a good bargain when BF/CM rolls around? Will a thread be running for good BF deals as people find them?

cheers!
Jim

Reactions: dirkclod
Welcome to the forum Jim and most likely will be threads in General
Discussions and no tell where else here .

Jim check my post on the last page of this thread great deal last day for it is today!

Pre-Order & Shipping Thread

Hey Folks.
I've been on the fence about getting a Mavic for a while now. (i've built and flown many (450 class) drones, just nothing as expensive as a Mavic!). Black Friday might just push me over the edge...

Where should I be looking in the UK for a good bargain when BF/CM rolls around? Will a thread be running for good BF deals as people find them?

cheers!
Jim

there is something about dronesforless I couldn't find myself trusting, the price seemed to good to be true.
part of reason I went with my local maplins was I got a good deal and I have good relationship with the staff... and I know where they work... :cool:

Reactions: Blizzard
So true, but I figured we buy more and more everyday from online vendors so whats one more. As they say nothing ventured nothing gained. I'll soon let you know how things turn out, have already been contacted by the vendor to confirm the order has been processed and that it is shipping today, so far so good.

oh indeed, I order plenty of stuff online but it is a gut feeling also... even if they send you the product it doesn't mean their customer service is going to be much use if it turns up trouble.

where as maplins allows me the option to... encourage resolution.

HI,

If your looking for solid customer service try Costco, they have a very good warranty if anything goes wrong, they mostly will exchange or refund without quibble (obviously not if it fly's away or crashes) but general warranty issues.

If you are a business or own a business then you'll be able to claim the VAT back in the UK as Costco is tends to pass as a wholesaler more then a high street retailer.

Hope this helps.

Cheers
Darren

Black Friday might just push me over the edge...

Where should I be looking in the UK for a good bargain when BF/CM rolls around?

Heeeeeyyyyy... Black Friday is intended to be set for the day after Thanksgiving (and Cyber Monday the following next work day). Since the UK traditionally doesn't celebrate Thanksgiving (given what the holiday was giving "thanks" for), how do you guys in the UK get to culturally appropriate our American consumerism ideals? Next you'll be telling us you have McDonalds in London and can drink a Coke while sitting on the banks of the Thames....

I'm guessing we have Amazon to thank for your Black Friday sales push... Have other countries (like Australia, parts of Europe, etc.) also appropriated Black Friday?

Black Friday is a complete con. Stores offload goods they're having trouble shifting knowing people are always looking for something on the cheap. If you're spending money on something you didn't already want or need then it's hardly a bargain.

Reactions: Mike357
So true, but I figured we buy more and more everyday from online vendors so whats one more. As they say nothing ventured nothing gained. I'll soon let you know how things turn out, have already been contacted by the vendor to confirm the order has been processed and that it is shipping today, so far so good.

Hey Blizzard,

Any update on your order, did Drones for Less work out for you?

Jim

Hey Blizzard,

Any update on your order, did Drones for Less work out for you?

Jim

Hi Jim B.

Literally just received it so just charging everything up :):):) and going flying tomorrow.

For me the drones for less was a good experience. Order placed on the 9th and was contacted by them within 2 hours (order placed 8pm) to say they had received my order and that the order will be processed. During this call I purchased their 1 year warranty (I don't normally buy additional warranties but they said it would also cover pilot error and water damage and as I am new to flying I figured it may be useful) At the same time I ordered the 7 lenses which they offered to me for £20, this has not arrived yet as it was placed as a new order but due early next week.

Also they sent links for each order so that I could track everything online, I'd say of the 9 days for delivery 7 were based in and around the usa then 2 days to be processed in the uk.

Hope that helps and if you want to know anything else just ask away.

Blizzard

That sounds like a good experience! congratulations on the delivery, I hope your maiden goes perfectly and the weather is kind to you!

It's currently listed on the D4L site for £759, I guess it's a bit too forward to ask what you paid, but was it higher than the current price? I'm only asking as it's a bit ambiguous looking at their site if the price they quote is a normal selling price, of if the £16 reduction is their Black Friday deal.

The scope of the insurance sounds impressive too, assuming that was a reasonable cost, it would imagine it being well worth taking them up on that.

Jim

It's currently listed on the D4L site for £759

The scope of the insurance sounds impressive too, assuming that was a reasonable cost, it would imagine it being well worth taking them up on that.

Jim

Hey

The prices listed on the d4l site still appear to the be same as when I placed my order. (I compared £4£ against local brick & mortar vendors) I opted for the flymore combo with a pro hard case. I chose this option so i can have more air time between charges and the for the few extra bits they throw into the bundle.

I probably wont use the pro hard case just yet and if later I feel I don't need it, I can always sell it on ebay for a few ££.

As for the warranty its listed as unlimited usage (only downside you can't claim within the 1st 30 days), hopefully I wont need it all but they offered a further £50 reduction from the site price.

Who knows if you rang them to process an order on the phone you could even end up with a discount on the mavic setup you want, they can only say no. Good luck from wherever you decide to buy it from.

I did power up but got a nervous about all threads saying dont fly indoors so powered down & finished setting up the controller in beginners mode for the big day tomorrow. (Didn't want to test any warranties out so soon)

Blizzard

In a rather bizarre turn of events, I've just jumped the gun and bought a Mavic from Amazon!

They had a few in the Warehouse Deals section, which was listed as "Very Good" condition. I spent a long time on chat with an Amazon CS rep who told me (and I also have in writing) that there is an Amazon 1 year warranty in place, and that the Manufacturer warranty is also still in place. I also get the standard 30 days, return to Amazon for any reason at all cover.

What made me push the button is that there is currently a 20% off deal on anything in the warehouse, 20-27th November. This brought the Mavic in at about £680. I also bought the DJI goggles from the warehouse, which together came to a couple of quid over £1k

happy days :)

Reactions: Blizzard
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman