DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Getting Started after 2 year hiatus

Klompen914

Reactions
My Mavic Pro got stuck 60 feet up in a tree about 2 years ago. Miraculously, I was able to get it back yesterday and it seems to be in working order except for replacing propellers and the battery.

Having been out of circulation for that long, I'm totally lost on the current regulations on flying and don't know where to look. I think things have changed since I last flew and I don't want to run afoul of the FAA. Is there a "getting started" resource that can guide me on getting flying again?

Well, welcome back !
And, what the heck, the M1P is certainly a tough old nut.
You kept the controller and all the other gear for 2 years too ??!!

Start here . . .

https://www.faa.gov/uas

Probably to 2 left areas will suit you as a rec pilot ?

I think it will be mostly a) register your drone and b) get your TRUST done.

Any questions you have after that, I guess post em up and some of the US pilots here can set you straight.

Well, welcome back !
And, what the heck, the M1P is certainly a tough old nut.
You kept the controller and all the other gear for 2 years too ??!!

Start here . . .

https://www.faa.gov/uas

Probably to 2 left areas will suit you as a rec pilot ?

I think it will be mostly a) register your drone and b) get your TRUST done.

Any questions you have after that, I guess post em up and some of the US pilots here can set you straight.
Thank you so much!

Yes, I kept all my gear. At this point my controller won't talk to the drone even though everything else about the drone appears operational. Once I get that sorted, I'll be back in business.

I believe I am classified as a recreational pilot. My videos do get placed on Youtube, but my channel is not monetized. I believe the monitization may be the thing that would make a difference.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rejdmast