DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Ghost Town of Granadilla - Lost in time.

Derlisz

Reactions
This visually stunning little walled town has a very rich history over ages previously being a capital of its own region of Tierras de Granadilla and head of the judicial district. In 1950 the town was evacuated due to a newly built Gabriel y Galán reservoir. The water has never risen to a level that would endanger the town. Town is also a home to a castle Alba which although very small is an amazing building in it's own right. Read more here Castillo de Granadilla - Wikipedia, la enciclopedia libre
Music copyright free from Hooksounds.com
MEDIA=youtube]

Last edited:
Love the transitions, but the standout is at about 28 seconds before the end where you back out of the port in the wall. Excellent work.

Love the transitions, but the standout is at about 28 seconds before the end where you back out of the port in the wall. Excellent work.
Thanks a lot. I wasn't sure if that shot (second to last) wasn't going to be too cheesy. I'm glad to find people actually liked it.

Nice work! I love it when people add a little story to their videos. And nice little town. Also, I am not sure if anyone noticed, but you didn't capture any ghosts in the video, not a single one. Big fail considering you were filming a ghost town, don't you think :p

Nice work! I love it when people add a little story to their videos. And nice little town. Also, I am not sure if anyone noticed, but you didn't capture any ghosts in the video, not a single one. Big fail considering you were filming a ghost town, don't you think :p
Cheers. I don't always bother with a back story but this place has one that it deserves to be told. It makes this interesting place even more fascinating. As I was filming with the drone a school trip got trapped inside of the walls. someone or something has closed the gates and they where waiting in a scorching sun for someone to free them. That was pretty bizarre.

Cheers. I don't always bother with a back story but this place has one that it deserves to be told. It makes this interesting place even more fascinating. As I was filming with the drone a school trip got trapped inside of the walls. someone or something has closed the gates and they where waiting in a scorching sun for someone to free them. That was pretty bizarre.
Ghosts?

What a shame that such a beautiful place is now empty of people. Will the water continue to rise and eventually cover the town?

Reactions: Derlisz
What a shame that such a beautiful place is now empty of people. Will the water continue to rise and eventually cover the town?
It's slowly being brought back to life. The water in the reservoir has had it's highest level in 1980 and it didn't reach the town then. I don't suppose it ever will.

This visually stunning little walled town has a very rich history over ages previously being a capital of its own region of Tierras de Granadilla and head of the judicial district. In 1950 the town was evacuated due to a newly built Gabriel y Galán reservoir. The water has never risen to a level that would endanger the town. Town is also a home to a castle Alba which although very small is an amazing building in it's own right. Read more here Castillo de Granadilla - Wikipedia, la enciclopedia libre
Music copyright free from Hooksounds.com
MEDIA=youtube]
Very nice scenery and good choice of music. Very well done

Very nice, professional quality travel video as well. The Tierras de Granadilla region may be on our bucket list for when we go to Europe this year, where did you stay? I can’t believe how inexpensive some of the rentals are there, did you find this as well? Would appreciate some suggestions on where to go. Thanks for the great video, really appreciate it!

Reactions: Derlisz
Very nice, professional quality travel video as well. The Tierras de Granadilla region may be on our bucket list for when we go to Europe this year, where did you stay? I can’t believe how inexpensive some of the rentals are there, did you find this as well? Would appreciate some suggestions on where to go. Thanks for the great video, really appreciate it!
Thanks a lot for encouragement! This was shot about a year ago and I don't quite remember what we've paid. Also that is domain of my wife. It was a road trip type of affair so we would plan to visit between 2 and 3 places on our way travelling from Calais in France to Sevilla in Spain. My friend helped me a lot by giving me locations of interesting places where I could fly (not always straightforward in Spain). I remember having to do a little detour to visit this place. It was definitely worth it. What countries are you planning to visit? What kind of places float your boat? You could have a look at my channel and see if you find any other locations that could interest you.

Reactions: AMann
What a treat it must be to be able to fly over a city and streets...and not break any rules about flying over people's heads and cars and stuff! There was this one lady, though, that you kinda invaded her privacy...did she complain? LOL!

Awesome video. Well done!

What a treat it must be to be able to fly over a city and streets...and not break any rules about flying over people's heads and cars and stuff! There was this one lady, though, that you kinda invaded her privacy...did she complain? LOL!

Awesome video. Well done!
I stupid as some of the laws are I try to obey them as much as I can. What you see in this video is a mix of drone and handheld footage including some taken from the top of the castle. The lady is actually married to me so despite opposing me filming her and especially putting her in a final edit she's a bit powerless here. Sometimes I envy people who just bend the rules and fly in more urbanised environments and close to the subjects. :| Thanks a lot for watching and a comment.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada