DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Gifted a Mavic Pro - Is DJI Care Refresh a no-brainer?

Is DJI Care Refresh worth it?

• Nope

Votes: 9 24.3%
  • Depends on a few factors

Votes: 14 37.8%
  • Definitly worth it

Votes: 14 37.8%

• Total voters

qwopzxnm

Reactions
As the title states, I was gifted a Mavic Pro Costco bundle (new in the box) and am wondering if DJI Care Refresh is worth the $99. I'm assuming it is, but wanted to get everyone's opinions.

I flew RC fixed-wing aircraft 20 years ago and have flown smaller mini drones around the house, yard etc so I'm not coming into the hobby completely in the dark on controls, systems, etc. However I still feel like $99 is a good hedge cost against a rookie mistake in my first year flying.

What are your thoughts?

Reactions: geauxnola
Contact Statefarm Insurance and tell them you want a personal articles policy for your Mavic Pro. They will issue a policy that insures your drone against anything. Crashes. Fire, Water Damage, Fly Aways , Theft, you name it. DJI Refresh only covers your drone if you still have it. There is no protection for theft.

This coverage is not available in California from what I understand , but it may not hurt to ask a local Statefarm Representative.

The policy is 5 dollars a month or 60 Dollars a year. A bit of a no-brainer.

You can also establish personal article policies for many different items - Guns, Jewelry, just about anything as long as it is a personal article.

No you dont have to have an existing policy with Statefarm for something else like Home or Vehicle.

We Clear?

As the title states, I was gifted a Mavic Pro Costco bundle (new in the box) and am wondering if DJI Care Refresh is worth the $99. I'm assuming it is, but wanted to get everyone's opinions.

I flew RC fixed-wing aircraft 20 years ago and have flown smaller mini drones around the house, yard etc so I'm not coming into the hobby completely in the dark on controls, systems, etc. However I still feel like $99 is a good hedge cost against a rookie mistake in my first year flying.

What are your thoughts?

Read the fine print... If you cannot bring back the aircraft, DJI will NOT honor the care refresh.
A year ago, the care refresh did NOT cover water damage either.
So technically it wont cover a fly away or lost at sea or landed in a volcano scenario..

The care-pack just gives more false securities and makes pilots complacent - "Who cares, lets see how far and fast i can go.."

Just take extra care when flying.. just imagine you are sitting inside the mavic..

Reactions: ScubaBob
I think it covers water crashes.
DJI Care Refresh - supported aircraft, scenarios, service process, FAQ and terms of service

10、My aircraft crashed into water. Will replacement be covered under DJI Care Refresh?
Damage occurring after the product has come into contact with water is covered by the DJI Care Refresh. Product that suffers water damage can be replaced under DJI Care Refresh.

Can anyone confirm if this applies to a lost aircraft?

I have also read on other forums that filing a claim may raise the insurance on your home.Not sure how accurate that is.

Last edited:
I think it covers water crashes.
DJI Care Refresh - supported aircraft, scenarios, service process, FAQ and terms of service

10、My aircraft crashed into water. Will replacement be covered under DJI Care Refresh?
Damage occurring after the product has come into contact with water is covered by the DJI Care Refresh. Product that suffers water damage can be replaced under DJI Care Refresh.

Can anyone confirm if this applies to a lost aircraft?

I have also read on other forums that filing a claim may raise the insurance on your home.Not sure how accurate that is.

Not accurate at all. I have no other policies with State Farm...I have our wedding rings covered with them. The Mavic insurance costs me 23 bucks for the year. If I file a claim, the policy does not increase.

I can also confirm that if you can not recover your lost aircraft, State Farm will cover it. DJI refresh will not. For the price of DJI refresh on my platinum, I could get 5 years worth of State Farm insurances.

Not accurate at all. I have no other policies with State Farm...I have our wedding rings covered with them. The Mavic insurance costs me 23 bucks for the year. If I file a claim, the policy does not increase.

I can also confirm that if you can not recover your lost aircraft, State Farm will cover it. DJI refresh will not. For the price of DJI refresh on my platinum, I could get 5 years worth of State Farm insurances.

Jesus. 23 a year is ridiculously low! The going rate is 60 a year.

Jesus. 23 a year is ridiculously low! The going rate is 60 a year.

Yep, I was as surprised as you are. It’s probably because I also have a policy with them covering our wedding rings? But yep 23 bucks a year.

Thanks Neebles for the clarification.

Reactions: dajohn17
Thanks Neebles for the clarification.

See post # 6 . I clarified this way before Neebles. LOL

Its probably not because you have other items or policies. I have policies for a home, 7 vehicles , Drone, guns, etc and have an impeccable driving record and still pay the $60.00 a year.

Reactions: dajohn17
Contact Statefarm Insurance and tell them you want a personal articles policy for your Mavic Pro. They will issue a policy that insures your drone against anything. Crashes. Fire, Water Damage, Fly Aways , Theft, you name it. DJI Refresh only covers your drone if you still have it. There is no protection for theft.

This coverage is not available in California from what I understand , but it may not hurt to ask a local Statefarm Representative.

The policy is 5 dollars a month or 60 Dollars a year. A bit of a no-brainer.

You can also establish personal article policies for many different items - Guns, Jewelry, just about anything as long as it is a personal article.

No you dont have to have an existing policy with Statefarm for something else like Home or Vehicle.

We Clear?
Yeah, thank you!

Depends. If you never cause it to crash, then no. Otherwise yes.

I have it. I have used it. Allowed me to fly more relaxed and with peace of mind that if I would do something stupid, I wouldn't be throwing away $1k. I am very grateful I got it.

i crashed the mavic 4 times. the last one a mayor with gimbal damage and ugly marks around the craft. with dji care refresh i get a new one for 99€, repair would have been 270. so i take the new. top service in germany, very fast response time. you also get detailled pictures of the damage analysis and repair/replacement status online. it took them 2 days from receiving my craft, analysing and sending out the new craft.

Last edited:
Has anyone had to file a claim with State Farm? I'm wondering how they would determine depreciation value.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Schmidteh121