DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Gifted a Mavic Pro - Is DJI Care Refresh a no-brainer?

Is DJI Care Refresh worth it?

• Nope

Votes: 9 24.3%
  • Depends on a few factors

Votes: 14 37.8%
  • Definitly worth it

Votes: 14 37.8%

• Total voters
Bottom line, State Farm is a better bang for your buck than refresh is... I guarantee its more worthwhile. At 23 dollars a year to insure the Mavic, I could lose one, have an increase in premium and still come out ahead over refresh.

You guarantee it? How do you guarantee it? Have you asked State Farm?

I went the State Farm route. I figured around here if something went wrong, it'd be trapped in a dense tall evergreen and not retrievable for DJI. I did talk in person with the agent about possible scenarios for collecting and was satisfied.

Anyway, as I recall, one person reported on this website getting full refund (from SF policy), but wasn't able to renew. I'm sure results vary as much as policy prices do.

You guarantee it? How do you guarantee it? Have you asked State Farm?

Because if I lose the Mavic, or it gets stolen, or is sitting at the bottom of a lake, I will get a replacement. Even if for whatever reason they don’t let me renew (which they said they won’t do) I’m out 23 dollars. Not 129 dollars (cost of refresh) plus an additional 79 to replace the Mavic. And that’s all dependent on recovery. If I can’t recover the Mavic, well that’s 129 bucks I might as well have flushed down the toilet.

So $23 bucks over $208 to replace a lost Mavic. Yep I would say that’s more worthwhile.

Because if I lose the Mavic, or it gets stolen, or is sitting at the bottom of a lake, I will get a replacement. Even if for whatever reason they don’t let me renew (which they said they won’t do) I’m out 23 dollars. Not 129 dollars (cost of refresh) plus an additional 79 to replace the Mavic. And that’s all dependent on recovery. If I can’t recover the Mavic, well that’s 129 bucks I might as well have flushed down the toilet.

So $23 bucks over $208 to replace a lost Mavic. Yep I would say that’s more worthwhile.

I really feel like you're not... really hearing me. It's not $23. I'm telling you there will be SOME effect on your homeowner's premiums, whether you're with State Farm or otherwise. You'll be considered an "at risk" client, and something will give.

So, that $23 maybe means your homeowner's premiums go up $10 a year, or $50 a year, or even $200 a year. Maybe more! And that's EVERY year.

Seriously, it just takes a little Googling about the CLUE database and how insurance companies get their info about you collectively.

I'm not saying it's a BAD idea to use State Farm to insure a drone. I'm just saying that there's more to it than just a $23 per year. It's not in State Farm's interest otherwise. And if you know insurance companies, you know they don't do things that are not in their interest...

Reactions: nlennie
I really feel like you're not... really hearing me. It's not $23. I'm telling you there will be SOME effect on your homeowner's premiums, whether you're with State Farm or otherwise. You'll be considered an "at risk" client, and something will give.

So, that $23 maybe means your homeowner's premiums go up $10 a year, or $50 a year, or even $200 a year. Maybe more! And that's EVERY year.

Seriously, it just takes a little Googling about the CLUE database and how insurance companies get their info about you collectively.

I'm not saying it's a BAD idea to use State Farm to insure a drone. I'm just saying that there's more to it than just a $23 per year. It's not in State Farm's interest otherwise. And if you know insurance companies, you know they don't do things that are not in their interest...

so state farm insures 1000 people for 75.00 a year or even 23.00 a year as he's talking about and have to pay out a small percentage of claims and you don't see how they make money?. i don't have a home owners insurance policy thru them but am getting a policy.

Here is my thought, Buy it don't buy it. It's up to each person. File a claim, no one know's if there rates will go up or not or be canceled. I bought it of my own free will. I have a different company for all my other insurance needs. You don't have to buy it WilliamG. No one is telling you to,

As the title states, I was gifted a Mavic Pro Costco bundle (new in the box) and am wondering if DJI Care Refresh is worth the $99. I'm assuming it is, but wanted to get everyone's opinions.

I flew RC fixed-wing aircraft 20 years ago and have flown smaller mini drones around the house, yard etc so I'm not coming into the hobby completely in the dark on controls, systems, etc. However I still feel like $99 is a good hedge cost against a rookie mistake in my first year flying.

What are your thoughts?

I purchased my first drone ever which was the Mavic Pro 2 and "fly more kit" directly from DJI upon it's release. Knowing I was a new pilot, with a strong likelihood of crashing.I wanted DJI care but was unable to purchase at the time of ordering. LOL While my drone was being shipped, I received an email from DJI explaining that if I bought a membership to DJI, I would be able to get 50% off of DJI care and discounts on accessories. Perfect! I used PayPal to begin my membership and received various links to my promotion codes for DJI care and accessories. I was a member prior to receiving the drone as it took a week due to Labor Day weekend. No big deal in taking a week to get here. On the Tuesday after Labor Day, I received my drone and fired it up, which included the activation. The serial number is on the arm of the drone and is necessary to activate the drone, warranty and access to DJI care. Evidently, you can not get the serial number prior to mailing thus I was unable to get discounts or accessories. Turns out that the costs of the DJI care was $129 vs $64 which is what was stated when I paid for the membership. There was no small print anywhere. I contacted customer service which it is not..Pretty much what I was told is I can use the DJI discount on my NEXT drone and that the discounts are only can only be used for subsequent purchases. THIS COMPANY LIES in their advertisement. I love the drone but the company is a lying sack of >>>>! If you want to save money, get a Statefarm Insurance personal coverage policy for $53, there is no deductible and it doesn't; matter if you drop it in a creek, smash it into a building or the dog eats it. Statefarm will either replace it or fix it. BE WARNED about DJI advertising. What really irks me is that I wrote them after they wrote me about my membership being useless, I asked DJI to cancel my membership and my DJI care (which would not cost them a penny as I have not used the membership discounts nor has the drone been in any accidents), they refused.and said "thank you for bring this issue to our attention, we will forward your concerns to management. I think they are the ones who should jump in a creek! .

Would like to hear from someone who actually filed an insurance claim. Just because you put a value of $1300 or $5000 doesn't mean you'll get it. They will determine what it is worth and you will have to provide some proof of what happened. You might face 50% devaluation. They will also get the money back in some form or another.

Statefarm can increase my policy an extra $127 a year and send me a $1300.00 replacement check for my lost / damaged Mavic and I am fine with that.
Think about it. It will take 10 years of an extra $127 Dollars a year to equal the check they just sent me for $1300.00 This is better than having to pay twice for the Care Refresh which may or may not cover my Mavic Pro. If It gets stolen or I cannot recover it to send in - No Care Refresh. If I am able to send it in then I get to pay again for the refresh cost of a replacement drone. Probably a refurbished unit from DJI. With Statefarm I take my check and buy whatever I fancy as a replacement drone. My choice!

I purchased my first drone ever which was the Mavic Pro 2 and "fly more kit" directly from DJI upon it's release. Knowing I was a new pilot, with a strong likelihood of crashing.I wanted DJI care but was unable to purchase at the time of ordering. LOL While my drone was being shipped, I received an email from DJI explaining that if I bought a membership to DJI, I would be able to get 50% off of DJI care and discounts on accessories. Perfect! I used PayPal to begin my membership and received various links to my promotion codes for DJI care and accessories. I was a member prior to receiving the drone as it took a week due to Labor Day weekend. No big deal in taking a week to get here. On the Tuesday after Labor Day, I received my drone and fired it up, which included the activation. The serial number is on the arm of the drone and is necessary to activate the drone, warranty and access to DJI care. Evidently, you can not get the serial number prior to mailing thus I was unable to get discounts or accessories. Turns out that the costs of the DJI care was $129 vs $64 which is what was stated when I paid for the membership. There was no small print anywhere. I contacted customer service which it is not..Pretty much what I was told is I can use the DJI discount on my NEXT drone and that the discounts are only can only be used for subsequent purchases. THIS COMPANY LIES in their advertisement. I love the drone but the company is a lying sack of >>>>! If you want to save money, get a Statefarm Insurance personal coverage policy for $53, there is no deductible and it doesn't; matter if you drop it in a creek, smash it into a building or the dog eats it. Statefarm will either replace it or fix it. BE WARNED about DJI advertising. What really irks me is that I wrote them after they wrote me about my membership being useless, I asked DJI to cancel my membership and my DJI care (which would not cost them a penny as I have not used the membership discounts nor has the drone been in any accidents), they refused.and said "thank you for bring this issue to our attention, we will forward your concerns to management. I think they are the ones who should jump in a creek! .
I saw about DJI Select. It was clear to me that the $50 was on the next drone and even that care has to be purchased with the same order as the drone.

The above statement is true for my current policy. However, they will issue a policy that will cover business use. It costs more , but thats to be expected.

I don't know what the DJI GO 4 red mod is but thanks for letting me know.

Would like to hear from someone who actually filed an insurance claim. Just because you put a value of $1300 or $5000 doesn't mean you'll get it. They will determine what it is worth and you will have to provide some proof of what happened. You might face 50% devaluation. They will also get the money back in some form or another.
When I got the state farm insurance I had to show proof of purchase receipt from target and I had to bring a Drone to the office to verify. When I made a claim Because os a ocean dunk They gave me exactly the amount that I paid for the drone about two weeks later I got a check for 40 some dollars for the cancellation They told me to not worry about the remote or batteries just keep them but was not able to issued another policy I had the money in bank in 3 days

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne