DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Gifted a Mavic Pro - Is DJI Care Refresh a no-brainer?

Is DJI Care Refresh worth it?

• Nope

Votes: 9 24.3%
  • Depends on a few factors

Votes: 14 37.8%
  • Definitly worth it

Votes: 14 37.8%

• Total voters
Not accurate at all. I have no other policies with State Farm...I have our wedding rings covered with them. The Mavic insurance costs me 23 bucks for the year. If I file a claim, the policy does not increase.

I can also confirm that if you can not recover your lost aircraft, State Farm will cover it. DJI refresh will not. For the price of DJI refresh on my platinum, I could get 5 years worth of State Farm insurances.

I guarantee you file a claim or two and you'll find your home policy price increases with whomever you're insured with, State Farm or otherwise. That's how insurance works. You can't hide this stuff. Otherwise people would switch insurance companies any time their rate increased due to claims on the account. This stuff is tracked in a centralized database.

People who actually think that claiming a free drone refund check (fraudulently or otherwise) aren't going to get a rate increase are living on another planet. Truly. Think about it from the insurance company's perspective. It's not in their interest to offer such cheap insurance on such a ridiculously high risk item without chance of recourse.

Google: CLUE database.

That's why DJI Refresh, while obviously not as full a coverage as getting with State Farm (i.e. you can't lose the drone completely and have DJI replace it), is "risk-free" in terms of being dinged by any insurance company.

Last edited:
i crashed the mavic 4 times. the last one a mayor with gimbal damage and ugly marks around the craft. with dji care refresh i get a new one for 99€, repair would have been 270. so i take the new. top service in germany, very fast response time. you also get detailled pictures of the damage analysis and repair/replacement status online. it took them 2 days from receiving my craft, analysing and sending out the new craft.

New one or refurb?

i crashed the mavic 4 times. the last one a mayor with gimbal damage and ugly marks around the craft. with dji care refresh i get a new one for 99€, repair would have been 270. so i take the new. top service in germany, very fast response time. you also get detailled pictures of the damage analysis and repair/replacement status online. it took them 2 days from receiving my craft, analysing and sending out the new craft.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but refresh costs 119 euros in Europe (at least in Slovakia).+ 99 eur for first and 129 eur for second replacement. That's at least 218 euros in total. U guess I can already have an used gimbal w camera for that price. For me the refresh is useless, I rather fly with common sense and don't push the mavic to its limits.

I just got off the phone with my agent (not a State Farm rep) and he doesn't have any equivalent policy from any of his companies. He questioned if anyone had a list of "perils" that are covered by this policy. Does anyone have it in writing that just claiming that the drone flew off is enough to get a check for $1300, or is it just based on what the agent says? I am ready to call State Farm, but it would be helpful if someone already knew for sure that it works like we think. Even better if someone had a successful claim.

Care Refresh worked for me.. no hassle and absolutely no insurance claim if something happens. Insurance is probably the most Pennywise if you don't mind filing a claim. I have heard it doesn't effect your other insurance but I removed all doubt and went with Refresh.

I just got off the phone with my agent (not a State Farm rep) and he doesn't have any equivalent policy from any of his companies. He questioned if anyone had a list of "perils" that are covered by this policy. Does anyone have it in writing that just claiming that the drone flew off is enough to get a check for $1300, or is it just based on what the agent says? I am ready to call State Farm, but it would be helpful if someone already knew for sure that it works like we think. Even better if someone had a successful claim.
You dont have to have statefarm to buy this coverage from them.

You dont have to have statefarm to buy this coverage from them.

I realize that, I was just wondering if anyone has actually had a successful claim yet because my agent was skeptical that this policy will pay as it has been described here.

Dji care is a great product but has it's limitations. Having a second choice for the limitations that Dji doen't cover an be a good thing for such a large investment.

I realize that, I was just wondering if anyone has actually had a successful claim yet because my agent was skeptical that this policy will pay as it has been described here.
If you do a search you will find people here that have filed claims with no problem. My SF agent said I'm covered for lost. someone steals it, or fly away.

If you do a search you will find people here that have filed claims with no problem. My SF agent said I'm covered for lost. someone steals it, or fly away.
I think some people are worried about a rise in rates for their next years premium (if that is an option) or affecting their insurance rates for car or home insurance. Anyone comment on their rate staying the same insuring the replaced drone or their car/home?

Contact Statefarm Insurance and tell them you want a personal articles policy for your Mavic Pro. They will issue a policy that insures your drone against anything. Crashes. Fire, Water Damage, Fly Aways , Theft, you name it. DJI Refresh only covers your drone if you still have it. There is no protection for theft.

This coverage is not available in California from what I understand , but it may not hurt to ask a local Statefarm Representative.

The policy is 5 dollars a month or 60 Dollars a year. A bit of a no-brainer.

You can also establish personal article policies for many different items - Guns, Jewelry, just about anything as long as it is a personal article.

No you dont have to have an existing policy with Statefarm for something else like Home or Vehicle.

We Clear?
darn. all sounded good, I was going to call my statefarm agent in the morning until I read "Coverage not available in California" WTH. Maybe I can call USAA and see if they have some type of policy.

Thanks, I'll look again, I missed any posts that said they actually got paid by State Farm for the loss. I am reluctant to believe the agent 100%, but I will be getting this as soon as I am comfortable that it will definitely pay on an unprovable loss.

glad I stumbled upon this thread. Friend of mine is a State Farm Agent and I got a quote for here in Florida this morning. 75.00 for the year.

I guarantee you file a claim or two and you'll find your home policy price increases with whomever you're insured with, State Farm or otherwise. That's how insurance works. You can't hide this stuff. Otherwise people would switch insurance companies any time their rate increased due to claims on the account. This stuff is tracked in a centralized database.

People who actually think that claiming a free drone refund check (fraudulently or otherwise) aren't going to get a rate increase are living on another planet. Truly. Think about it from the insurance company's perspective. It's not in their interest to offer such cheap insurance on such a ridiculously high risk item without chance of recourse.

Google: CLUE database.

That's why DJI Refresh, while obviously not as full a coverage as getting with State Farm (i.e. you can't lose the drone completely and have DJI replace it), is "risk-free" in terms of being dinged by any insurance company.

Well, my wife lost her engagement ring that was on the policy. Got a new one with a check from State Farm, 5 years later, no increase because of it. I would rather file a claim with state farm and risk the premium going up a few dollars, vs paying 150 (at the time of my Platinum purchase) for refresh. If you think filing a claim is going to increase my premium by 127 dollars, you are living on another planet. They would be stupid to more than triple my policy on the drone for filing a claim.

Edit, not to mention the additional cost you have to pay to get a new Mavic even with the refresh plan

Reactions: BD0G
Well, my wife lost her engagement ring that was on the policy. Got a new one with a check from State Farm, 5 years later, no increase because of it. I would rather file a claim with state farm and risk the premium going up a few dollars, vs paying 150 (at the time of my Platinum purchase) for refresh. If you think filing a claim is going to increase my premium by 127 dollars, you are living on another planet. They would be stupid to more than triple my policy on the drone for filing a claim.

Edit, not to mention the additional cost you have to pay to get a new Mavic even with the refresh plan

Do you really believe that? How many drones do you believe you can lose/smash and claim on State Farm before they increase the cost of the policy, then?

I can absolutely see them increasing your premium by $127(not sure where that number came from) after making a claim. It's not unusual AT ALL!

Do you really believe that? How many drones do you believe you can lose/smash and claim on State Farm before they increase the cost of the policy, then?

I can absolutely see them increasing your premium by $127(not sure where that number came from) after making a claim. It's not unusual AT ALL!

Bottom line, State Farm is a better bang for your buck than refresh is... I guarantee its more worthwhile. At 23 dollars a year to insure the Mavic, I could lose one, have an increase in premium and still come out ahead over refresh.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne