DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Gimbal Bumping/Scraping Plastic Peice

caleb1

Reactions
I have had my mavic pro platinum for a little over 3 months now, and It seems as if the gimbal, when I start the drone up, will seem to scrape against or hit something during its test. This gives a gimbal motor over stressed error in DJI Go 4 and the gimbal will not operate. When looking closely it seems that the "rubberbands" holding the "plate" that the gimbal hangs from have shrunk, causing the top of the gimbal to hit the plastic "stopper" thing that seems to be there to stop the "plate" from falling to low. The top of the gimbal seems to even be slightly chipped due to this. Here are some pictures to illustrate what I mean:

1.jpg
2.jpg

Is this a common problem that others have had? Will buying a new Vibration Absorbing Board (such as this one https://www.amazon.com/Favrison-Gim...ocphy=9012028&hvtargid=pla-389666321965&psc=1) fix the problem or do I need a whole new gimbal?

Thanks for any input.

I'm new here, but I've already had two Mavic Pro's, neither had that problem (yes, have the same clip). Does your vibration board float freely? Maybe one of the corners is stuck underneath something.

Reactions: caleb1
I'm new here, but I've already had two Mavic Pro's, neither had that problem (yes, have the same clip). Does your vibration board float freely? Maybe one of the corners is stuck underneath something.
Thanks for the reply. Floats freely, I don't think it's stuck. The vibration absorbing board linked above does not have the clip, so maybe it was removed due to this problem...

I think I will go ahead and buy that board.

Thanks for the reply. Floats freely, I don't think it's stuck. The vibration absorbing board linked above does not have the clip, so maybe it was removed due to this problem...

I think I will go ahead and buy that board.
Yes it does, look at the other pictures of it.

Reactions: caleb1
Yes it does, look at the other pictures of it.
Oh yes I see now. It comes unattached and you need to attach it.

I wonder if the clip I have right now could be removed... The screws seem very small and I doubt they make screwdrivers that small...

Oh yes I see now. It comes unattached and you need to attach it.

I wonder if the clip I have right now could be removed... The screws seem very small and I doubt they make screwdrivers that small...
I don't want to come across critical, but if you plan in doing your own repairs you should buy a set.

More importantly, it very likely not the board at issue. Something happened to incorrectly position the gimbal itself that you may be able to resolve.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Glenn-S