DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Gimbal + Camera Issues - Erratic glitches and loss of control

∆si∆

Reactions
I've had this Mavic for almost two months and over the last few flights I've noticed a few issues with the gimbal and camera.

For no apparent reason, the gimbal spontaneously moves in an erratic way. The gimbal appears to suddenly snap down or to the side and I am unable to control the camera tilt. At the same time, the camera seems to defocus/refocus and the colours change a couple of times. It seems as though the camera input resets and seems to lose connection.

Sometimes I notice that this happens when I press the record button, but it has happened during non-recorded flights before.

I am unable to capture any footage of the gimbal and cameras behaviour, because when it occurs I lose control of the camera.

All other controls function and I am able to fly the drone back to the home point - albeit with the camera facing off on a random angle. Very scary at first as it appears as though the drone suddenly snaps to one side and begins to fall, however it is just the gimbal / camera.

Has this happened to anyone else? is there a known cause for this? any solutions?

Thanks in advance,
Si

Reactions: mauimark
Happened to me previous with a partially torn gimbal flat cable. Look carefully at them and see if you can spot any damage, especially at stress points.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
turtle27mike