DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Gimbal damage pics for review

Smoof

Reactions
"Aircraft Motor Overload" error after a hard landing. Below is an image of where it seems as though the top (silver portion) of the gimbal is rubbing against the black frame? Sorry for the lack of proper terms, etc. I'm not sure how fluid the movement was prior to the harsh landing. I t does not seem as though anything is out of place and certainly nothing looks broken.

Thanks in advance for the insight!

Bob

Attachments

• gimbal1.JPG
    gimbal1.JPG
    39.8 KB · Views: 130
"Aircraft Motor Overload" error after a hard landing. Below is an image of where it seems as though the top (silver portion) of the gimbal is rubbing against the black frame? Sorry for the lack of proper terms, etc. I'm not sure how fluid the movement was prior to the harsh landing. I t does not seem as though anything is out of place and certainly nothing looks broken.

Thanks in advance for the insight!

Bob

Yeah something doesn't seem right. It's a terrible picture, but the top of the gimbal section should be centered in that black bracket that is suspended by the 4 rubber bands on the corners.

Are you able to run gimbal calibration in the DJI app? Does the self test complete when you turn it on?

Reactions: Drone Master
Does this pic help? You can see where the black paint has been rubbed off on the left side. Not sure how to center it back. No idea from looking at all angles what portion caused the shift.

Attachments

• gimbal 2.jpg
    gimbal 2.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 97
A pic to show how off center and where each side sits currently. Again, I can't seem to determine what caused the shift. Nothing seems loose and or doesn't seem to be much room for anything to actually allow it to move more towards the center position...

Attachments

• gimbal 3.jpg
    gimbal 3.jpg
    112.5 KB · Views: 78
Be sure the gimbal carriage is under the rear support tab. ~>

It's def under. This is more of the alignment of the gimbal on the carriage. The gimbal is rubbing on the side edge of the carriage.

It's def under. This is more of the alignment of the gimbal on the carriage. The gimbal is rubbing on the side edge of the carriage.
Ok, Understood. Then it is possible that the rubber mounts may have ripped?
They are basically just a mold of rubber.
Here is a drawing of the basic pick of the mount.
mavicmountimage1.jpg

The carriage corners of the plate must be inserted in the lower part of the mount. Lower circle. It will take tweezers and ease to remount correctly.
Do not twist the mount and be sure all alignments are correct.
I hope this aids some of you with crashes.

Reactions: mlaczek
Thank you! Im fairly certain that the gimbal is sitting too close to the carriage as it can't swing freely. I'll have to review more to see if I can determine how or why...

Is it safe to un-do the corner rubber mounts and remove the gimbal and carriage to investigate?

Is it safe to un-do the corner rubber mounts and remove the gimbal and carriage to investigate?
Yes you can but be extreamly gentle and be aware of the gimbal ribbon cable.
It is very short. It is recommended that you remove the top shell and unplug that cable just to be sure you do not accidentally damage or tear it.
If all the mounts are attached correctly, it is possible that the gimbal carriage itself could be bent at one of the corners. Just something to look for.

DJI said to send it in but I know that can be a nightmare. It may however be the safest route since I really can't tell and feel as though it was probably already rubbing prior to the landing as sen in the other video : (

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
James Hoogenboom