DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Gimbal failure (x4) - causes crash - fighting with DJI to get this resolved

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you had three (3) failures that day, why on earth were you out flying again. You put yourself into the situation of that crash already knowing that there was a problem with the gimbal and video.
Should have had it seen to or fixed well before attempting to fly again.
True. My Mavic Pro is defective with a badly manufactured Gimbal of poor quality. I should not have wasted my money buying it. With all the complaints online it is apparent that DJI have a problem with their products.

True. My Mavic Pro is defective with a badly manufactured Gimbal of poor quality. I should not have wasted my money buying it. With all the complaints online it is apparent that DJI have a problem with their products.
I can blame myself for taking the risk of flying with the drone which is junk. I will blame DJI for poor workmanship. Yet to see one comment regarding their product quality instead of just blaming me for the crash. Very one sided.

They should just KNOW what the issue is when they pick up the phone, and get a tech on a plane to your house as soon as they answer the phone. That would be the service you want? :D

Since I was answering the OPs question I didn't go into great detail and derail his discussion, but you and a couple of others seemed to not care? I am a 57 year old industrial electrician. I am pretty good at writing detailed reports!

My first contact with Customer support i explained the issue in detail. I explained i had tried different cables, batteries, location, SDcard, camera settings. I sent name, address, phone number, and serial number, date of purchase. And that I also own a PRO 2 and all the cables, batteries, locations i tried work on the PRO 2?

On the 3rd day I receive an email asking all the questions already answered in the original contact. They asked about cables, tablet, location, SDcard, erc? I wasn't a duck and politely answered all the questions again. Guess what happened on the third email? Yes, same questions!

Again I answered all the redundant questions, each time explaining I also own a PRO 2 using all the same equipment without the issue. Finally I receive a phone call. The customer support person apologized for the redundant questions and asked for the screen shot video. I don't have a problem with sending video. My problem was dragging it out an additional 3 days repeating the same questions!! After sending the video I received another email asking for it to be returned for warranty repair.

I never asked anyone to read my mind nor did I ask a technician to fly out. It would be nice if they read the information they requested the first 2 times. I would like to thank you and the couple of subsequent posters for such a warm welcome. I hope you don't have to deal with the frustration of DJI customer support of have issues with your product(s)!

Since I was answering the OPs question I didn't go into great detail and derail his discussion, but you and a couple of others seemed to not care? I am a 57 year old industrial electrician. I am pretty good at writing detailed reports!

My first contact with Customer support i explained the issue in detail. I explained i had tried different cables, batteries, location, SDcard, camera settings. I sent name, address, phone number, and serial number, date of purchase. And that I also own a PRO 2 and all the cables, batteries, locations i tried work on the PRO 2?

On the 3rd day I receive an email asking all the questions already answered in the original contact. They asked about cables, tablet, location, SDcard, erc? I wasn't a duck and politely answered all the questions again. Guess what happened on the third email? Yes, same questions!

Again I answered all the redundant questions, each time explaining I also own a PRO 2 using all the same equipment without the issue. Finally I receive a phone call. The customer support person apologized for the redundant questions and asked for the screen shot video. I don't have a problem with sending video. My problem was dragging it out an additional 3 days repeating the same questions!! After sending the video I received another email asking for it to be returned for warranty repair.

I never asked anyone to read my mind nor did I ask a technician to fly out. It would be nice if they read the information they requested the first 2 times. I would like to thank you and the couple of subsequent posters for such a warm welcome. I hope you don't have to deal with the frustration of DJI customer support of have issues with your product(s)!
Having worked with many professionals such as yourself I can understand the frustration you have gone through. It as if they have a no care attitude when dealing with customers. Granted I could have done things differently and not flown after the defective Gimbal failed three times, but to blamed solely for the crash and no apportionment of blame on the part of DJI is so very one sided. Like blaming a pilot for a crash but the engine fell off. DJI has a big market share but also the responsibility to ensure the best quality product and service. Sadly they have neither. I have repaired the drone and can fly again. No thanks to DJI lack of support.

If there was gimbal reset mid flight, then DJI should repair the drone under warranty.

Blaming user for flying blos, while having a mid flight gimbal reset, is like blaming a car driver, for violating speed limit, while he had a break failure.

They should just KNOW what the issue is when they pick up the phone, and get a tech on a plane to your house as soon as they answer the phone. That would be the service you want? :D
Let's keep it polite and civil in here people.
Thank you,
-d

It's really unacceptable that one should even have to call them. The tech should be on scene before the failure occurs¡
The op has an issue, let us stay on topic on this thread.

When you are at the mercy of the video feed and you possibly react to a change in feed, then the cause of the crash is Gimbal failure.
No because you're not supposed to rely on the video feed in the first place. If you do it's your choice and responsibility. It also was your choice to continue to fly with a known faulty system instead of getting it fixed, AND even worse to rely on that particular faulty system and put yourself in a situation where an extra issue with it would cause a crash...

Issues happen, and warranties exist for that reason.

Last edited:
The op has an issue, let us stay on topic on this thread.

Unfortunately the OP is clearly not here looking for any help on the issue and it has degenerated into one of those pointless threads comprising a repeated assertions about what caused the crash and demands that DJI assume responsibility.

Reactions: s2seyecle
This thread is locked, we will take a break for awhile.

Reactions: Turn11
Status
Not open for further replies.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mini2+