DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Installed new main board, gimball ribbon cable, and esc to main flat cable. Now mini has tons of errors...im lost

jervin48

Reactions
Ok soil crashed my mavic mini. Had to replace the motherboard, the gimbal ribbon cable. And the ribbon cable connecting the esc to the motherboard. After I got it all installed I tried turning the drone on and I'm getting every error in the book popping up and the drone won't do its boot process, just leaves all 4 lights on and connects and disconnects from the rc repeatedly with immunodeficiency error. Gimbal calibration error, and shows no video feed. I'm completely lost here, I must be missing something because I know I put it back together correctly. Anyone out there know what I'm can do?

Welcome to the forum, although a terrible situation for your first post.

How did you work out what you needed to fix the original crash damage ?
That itself is really hot and miss, even for experienced drone repairers.
Very often it is replace the most obvous, test, if not right replace something else, repeat until fixed !! 🙄 🤔

To be honest, this sort of thing is probably too difficult for many home repair type people, even if experienced with tinkering, even with an electronics background.
Just having bits and pieces on the shelf to test various things would make the world of difference.

I would pack it up and send to someone like @DDS (a forum member / vendor) and pay to get it done, once and right.
I'd send all old parts in too, in case there are some that are actually ok.

Hope you can get to the bottom of this, either fixing yourself or getting someone else to that.

Reactions: DDS
In the beginning the gimbal ribbon cable had a tiny tear in it, then somehow the darn esc cable connector on the motherboard side ripped off...(I'm suspecting my nosy children lol). Tried to do a ribbon cable repair and the motherboard caught fire lmao, so I replaced it as well. I'm thinking this has to be some sort of a firmware issue that I haven't got the slightest clue how to do, with the whole python programming and what not. I'm actively scouring the forums for similar problems.

Think I may have found a couple. But have no idea how to use python or betaflight or whatever lol.

The motherboard needs paired to the gimbal and camera, that's the python stuff or part of it.
You might find
and the linked thread useful.

But in all honest I'd look for a second hand drone on ebay.
If a repairer has to work out what's good and bad then, unless they can connect stuff with it loose on the work bench, I think it would be reasonable for them to charge for their time and that could mount up.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J S