DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Gimbal jerk between 62-68% calibration normal?

Sapphire

Reactions
Have a new Mavic Platinum ( having had Phantoms/Inspire,etc previously) with only a handful of short test flights. Noticed that the gimbal in it's initial start up would hit mavic body at top when set up. I did both an IMU and gimbal calibration to attempt to fix the "bump" to Mavic body during gimbal start up. During the gimbal calibration between 62-68% completion the gimbal goes up and then abruptly jerks down (not smooth as the rest of the calibration). Is this normal for the Mavic Platinum? Or do I have some sort of hardware problem? Thanks.

Have a new Mavic Platinum ( having had Phantoms/Inspire,etc previously) with only a handful of short test flights. Noticed that the gimbal in it's initial start up would hit mavic body at top when set up. I did both an IMU and gimbal calibration to attempt to fix the "bump" to Mavic body during gimbal start up. During the gimbal calibration between 62-68% completion the gimbal goes up and then abruptly jerks down (not smooth as the rest of the calibration). Is this normal for the Mavic Platinum? Or do I have some sort of hardware problem? Thanks.
New mavic owner,previous Phantom owner,my camera does same thing only it doesn' bump into body,it just "jerks" doing first part of calibration.No errors,film,pic and panning all normal.Interested in any feedback you get,till now I thought it was just part of mavic initialization.Sensor check shows everything in green.

New mavic owner,previous Phantom owner,my camera does same thing only it doesn' bump into body,it just "jerks" doing first part of calibration.No errors,film,pic and panning all normal.Interested in any feedback you get,till now I thought it was just part of mavic initialization.Sensor check shows everything in green.

The gimbal calibration is smooth UNTIL 62-68% when it "violently jerks" down and does not move any more until it states that it is 100% "calibration completed". My sensors also just show green. I have not flown this enough to know if it has any errors in filming, picts, etc. The sense I have is that it gets caught on something and then suddenly gets freed up and therefore it jerks down. I don't think it moves any more after that but need to watch it again to verify. Just wondering if I should be worried or not since I do not remember anything like this with other DJI drones (Phantoms/Inspire,etc).... Hmmmmmmm.... ????

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jroy329