DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Gimbal not functioning after crash and replace

Mustard747

Reactions
hi all

my first post here and i need some help if anyone can

i got a crashed Mavic mini from eBay with intention of repairing, load of errors on the drone and not functioning at all
i have repaired everything on the drone and it flies perfect but i have erratic movement on the gimbal and i cant move it from the remote. taking pictures and recording video work fine just no movement from the gimbal, i repaired the original crashed gimbal as it was only plastic damage and had the erratic movement so thought if i replace the gimbal all would be well but the issue has not gone with the new gimbal.

what i have done is
1 replaced cable that comes from the gimbal and camera
2 replaced gimbal housing
3 replaced ribbon cable from main board to top of the gimbal

current errors
Gimbal stuck 40002

i have added a video so you can see the issue and really would appreciate any help on this i have gone from 3 pages of error to just this one

thanks

This internet search “dji gimbal error 40002” gives several answers from others. The error is a physical blockage of some kind. Is the gimbal sitting correctly in the drone?

This internet search “dji gimbal error 40002” gives several answers from others. The error is a physical blockage of some kind. Is the gimbal sitting correctly in the drone?
Hi Fizz

just been reading your post about the reset of gimbal with python and that was my next step, to be honest i am missing one rubber mount and await delivery of replacements. could that be my issue? i have replaced the gimbal with a brand new one and new cable and put the original camera unit in the new gimbal.
any advise would be so appreciated as i dont know if running the python fix will help or make thins worse

Hi Fizz

just been reading your post about the reset of gimbal with python and that was my next step, to be honest i am missing one rubber mount and await delivery of replacements. could that be my issue? i have replaced the gimbal with a brand new one and new cable and put the original camera unit in the new gimbal.
any advise would be so appreciated as i dont know if running the python fix will help or make thins worse
I don't have a Mavic mini so I cannot be sure. I have seen posts for the original Mavic pro where the gimbal suspension board can sort of hook itself up behind the top cowling. That causes rough movement of the gimbal.
I imagine that the Mavic mini gimbal is tiny. and fiddly to work on.

See this page

If in the end you do go for running DJI tools in Python I can talk you through it if you wish.

The DJI tools JointCoarse and LinearHall
JointCoarse puts the gimbal through its paces and finds the extreme extents of movement.
LinearHall centres the gimbal and points it straight forwards.
The above will not fix a gimbal with physical fault or blockage.

hi Fizz

thanks for the reply mate, the gimbal unit is brand new and i mistaking purchased 2 so i have tried 2 brand new gimbals and both are the same jerky movement so there cant be any dirt in there. i have completely striped the drone to bare parts and reconstructed and still the same so i will go for the DJI tools in python option.

i think i have a saved you tube link that talks you through the process, i will check and post if i find it

cheers for all your help

hi all

my first post here and i need some help if anyone can

i got a crashed Mavic mini from eBay with intention of repairing, load of errors on the drone and not functioning at all
i have repaired everything on the drone and it flies perfect but i have erratic movement on the gimbal and i cant move it from the remote. taking pictures and recording video work fine just no movement from the gimbal, i repaired the original crashed gimbal as it was only plastic damage and had the erratic movement so thought if i replace the gimbal all would be well but the issue has not gone with the new gimbal.

what i have done is
1 replaced cable that comes from the gimbal and camera
2 replaced gimbal housing
3 replaced ribbon cable from main board to top of the gimbal

current errors
Gimbal stuck 40002

i have added a video so you can see the issue and really would appreciate any help on this i have gone from 3 pages of error to just this one

thanks
Did you find a solution? I am having the same issue. I believe the gimbal has to be calibrated using a software-only available from DJI. I don't believe that they will provide use of it unless you are a certified DJI technician?

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
centrespot