DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Gimbal not working on iPhone X

Jpmb

Reactions
Hi guys, hope you can help me with this. So I got the new iPhone X yesterday and tried to fly today, I spent like four hours restarting the phone, resetting to factory settings, installing and uninstalling the app. I had an old iPhone 6 Plus that still works wonders, I had no problem flying with it but when I try to fly it with the iPhone X it says disconnected and nothing happens, I can fly the drone but since the gimbal is disconnected I don’t have an image at all.

iphone x is not supported yet, i have the same situation. i have contacted dji support and they are working on app update, all we can do is wait.

iphone x is not supported yet, i have the same situation. i have contacted dji support and they are working on app update, all we can do is wait.

The last update of Go4 should have resolved this issue. Are you still having issues with your iPhone X?

Me too, still not available.

Weird, seems like an isolated issue. There's a few others on the forum with iPhone X's reporting that it's working fine.

I haven't had a chance to fly with my iPhone X yet....but I did keep my iPhone 7 as a backup just in case.

Weird, seems like an isolated issue. There's a few others on the forum with iPhone X's reporting that it's working fine.

I haven't had a chance to fly with my iPhone X yet....but I did keep my iPhone 7 as a backup just in case.

I wrote to support and they told me that it’s not yet supported so I guess they’re still working on it, I wish it would work on mine though. It’s funny I plug the iPhone 6 Plus and works perfectly, then plug the X and it says gimbal disconnected, already reinstalled the app, restarted the phone to no avail.

I wrote to support and they told me that it’s not yet supported so I guess they’re still working on it, I wish it would work on mine though. It’s funny I plug the iPhone 6 Plus and works perfectly, then plug the X and it says gimbal disconnected, already reinstalled the app, restarted the phone to no avail.

When I get home I'll try to connect mine and see what happens...

I was able to fly it today with my iPhone X it worked suddenly and I am very happy about it.

Ditto, although I didn't actually fly mine, I connected the Mavic, controller, Go4 app....all with the iPhone X. Even though I didn't fly, I did power on the motors and leave it connected for about 15 minutes and had no issues. I'm pretty confident that it's all working fine.

Just FYI...there was a Go4 app update over the weekend too. It didn't specifically mention anything about the iPhone X and I didn't try it before updating, so I'm not sure if that's just a coincidence, or if there was a fix in the update that they just didn't mention.

Last edited:

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seaphotos