DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Gimbal obstructed error but not obstructed

JohnnyD913

Reactions
RunWayDrone.com: Your Ultimate Guide to Everything Drone Related

Are you fascinated by drones and their capabilities? Do you want to learn more about the latest drone technology, drone photography, and drone racing? If so, RunWayDrone.com is the ultimate resource for you.

At RunWayDrone.com, we are committed to providing you with up-to-date information about all things drone-related. Our website is your go-to source for reviews of the latest drone models, tips on drone flying, and news about the drone industry.

We know that drones are more than just a hobby – they are a powerful tool for businesses and individuals alike. That's why we offer a comprehensive guide to drone photography and videography. Whether you're a professional photographer or just starting out, our tips and tricks will help you take your drone photography to the next level.

But that's not all. We also cover the exciting world of drone racing. Our website is home to the latest news and updates on drone racing events around the world. Whether you're a seasoned racer or just starting out, our articles will help you stay up-to-date on the latest trends and techniques in the sport.

At RunWayDrone.com, we believe that drone technology has the power to change the world. That's why we also cover the latest developments in drone technology and the drone industry as a whole. From new models to new regulations, we keep you informed about the latest developments in this exciting field.

But we're more than just a source of information – we're a community. Our website is home to a thriving community of drone enthusiasts from around the world. Whether you're looking for advice on a new drone model or just want to connect with fellow drone enthusiasts, our forums are the perfect place to do it.

So what are you waiting for? Check out RunWayDrone.com today and join the drone revolution. With our comprehensive guides, in-depth reviews, and community forums, we're the ultimate resource for everything drone-related.

Last edited:
Can you think of ANYTHING at all that has changed prior to this occurrence. Where was the aircraft stored before start up? Think hard.

Reactions: JohnnyD913
Can you think of ANYTHING at all that has changed prior to this occurrence. Where was the aircraft stored before start up? Think hard.

Starz,
I did have a couple weeks where I put it in its case and from there into a rolling piece of luggage.
I did this cause I was afraid the person staying
With us at that time might steal it.
Which means the Mavic May have been stored
Sideways, upside down, etc.....
I don’t remember if I had the gimbal clamp on
Or not during these times.
I flew it once during this period of time,( 4-5)
Weeks, it worked great but ever since I quit
Packing it with me this began!
WHY YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A EXPLANATION?
I hope so....
Thanks,
JohnnyD913

No explanation that pops into my mind, but the possibilities are always a little tricky to find. Something else to try might be to delete the go4 app, then reinstall. Keep in mind that doing that will basically update your app. So if you don’t want the updated go4 app, don’t delete your old one. May or may not help, but it can’t hurt other than getting the updated app out of the deal. Bugs are bugs, and never easy figuring out where they hide.

Reactions: BD0G and JohnnyD913
No explanation that pops into my mind, but the possibilities are always a little tricky to find. Something else to try might be to delete the go4 app, then reinstall. Keep in mind that doing that will basically update your app. So if you don’t want the updated go4 app, don’t delete your old one. May or may not help, but it can’t hurt other than getting the updated app out of the deal. Bugs are bugs, and never easy figuring out where they hide.

Will try

Also I tried calibration on gimbal and it just stays at 5 percent then says it failed and ask if I want to retry

Just check that the gimbal mount plate is still behind the tab at the back of the mount. The Camera assembly is suspended on four rubber shock-absorber type bands, and is kept under control by being under an L shaped tab at the back. If the Mavic has endured some 'trauma' - then sometimes the plate that the camera is attached to, can fall out from under the tab, and hang free. Worth a check, as a gentle 'put-back' can resolve these prob's if that's all it is ...
mavic_gimbal_mount.png Mavic Gimbal mount plates.

Reactions: JohnnyD913
Just check that the gimbal mount plate is still behind the tab at the back of the mount. The Camera assembly is suspended on four rubber shock-absorber type bands, and is kept under control by being under an L shaped tab at the back. If the Mavic has endured some 'trauma' - then sometimes the plate that the camera is attached to, can fall out from under the tab, and hang free. Worth a check, as a gentle 'put-back' can resolve these prob's if that's all it is ...
View attachment 57509 Mavic Gimbal mount plates.

It under the tab FoxhallGH.
Thanks for asking

I’m guessing maybe some corrosion from some previous water damage?

Hey, did you ever fix your drone? I am having the same exact issue and I never crashed
Hey Bud I can 99.9% guarantee u ur camera ribbon cable needs replaced..
I Know, u say u haven’t wreck or dropped or whatever the drone so therefore ribbon cable should be good right?

WRONG....

Ive had the same messages as u plus a few others.
Each time even it was a gimbal overload message it was still due to bad camera ribbon cable...

less than $10 most places and if ur somewhat inclined to electronics and basic
Mechanical inclined it’s a breeze to replace

View attachment 57509 Mavic Gimbal mount plates.
could that clip being broken be the cause of this? thats what im dealing with now... i found the part online for cheap. there is a drone repair place near me, had the part in stock, was ganna buy there to fix, and he talked me out of it saying its the tiny little cables and he wanted me to pay 250 for a "gimbal revamp".... of course i thought he was just trying to upsell me from $25 to $250, but he was **** convincing, lmao.... could that be the only problem? next question, would it be a terrile idea, to get a toothpic and dab a tiny TINY bead of super glue right there where the clip is broken to keep that peice secure for the time being?

thanks\

next question, would it be a terrile idea, to get a toothpic and dab a tiny TINY bead of super glue right there where the clip is broken to keep that peice secure for the time being?

No the clip needs to be flexible and move freely.
Start with the rubber bands replacement if one is broken (might as well do all 4 of them).

The gimbal ribbon cable does wear out and fail due to movement over years of operation.
The repair place was probably not trying to upsell you as such, or rip you off, but was probably trying to ensure you had a revamp of what can eventually fail, like a car having a head recon if a gasket fails and a cars engine overheats badly.

No the clip needs to be flexible and move freely.
Start with the rubber bands replacement if one is broken (might as well do all 4 of them).

The gimbal ribbon cable does wear out and fail due to movement over years of operation.
The repair place was probably not trying to upsell you as such, or rip you off, but was probably trying to ensure you had a revamp of what can eventually fail, like a car having a head recon if a gasket fails and a cars engine overheats badly.
yeah i follow, all the rubber bands are still there, unbroken, and from what i can assume just fine. the gimble still does move and react to control, just will spaz out whenever it wants so its not optimal. thast why i didnt follow why he said the cables could be bad, i have quite a bit on experiance in electronics an building/repairing them and cant understand , if the cam/gimbal is still reacting to control, how it could be a part that feeds that info to it....

Assuming you aren’t using a filter mounted on the camera.
That can upset the camera / gimbal balance and cause gimbal calibration errors or in flight reset.

Gimbal reset in flight can be quite common in the Mavic Pro / platinum aircraft, try reading a few threads to get others results.

The link there.

Assuming you aren’t using a filter mounted on the camera.
That can upset the camera / gimbal balance and cause gimbal calibration errors or in flight reset.

Gimbal reset in flight can be quite common in the Mavic Pro / platinum aircraft, try reading a few threads to get others results.

The link there.

ill read up on that now!! thank you so much for the help!

Reactions: MAvic_South_Oz
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
User711