DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Gimbal obstructed video

Morgan44

Reactions
Hey guys. I was getting gimbal error codes, and after a lot of reading and research it sounded like it was the gimbal ribbon problem. I purchased one and made the swap with not much of a problem. Now it powers up and gives only a gimbal obstructed at the top on the dji go4 app. I’m stumped, here is a quick video. Toward the end, that little snap you here is the camera rotating like its focusing quickly until it hits its stopping point, making the click sound. Any ideas??

Your gimbal motor assembly is probably fried. Leave it on for a few minutes, then feel all 3 gimbal motors to see if one is getting hotter than the others. That will be your clue.

Reactions: Dragonfly
Ive got it plugged in to the Mac and running the assistant to refresh the firmware for the heck of it. It’s been on for 10 minutes or so and all three motors are within 3 degrees of each other. (Laser thermometer). So they would heat up just sitting at idle, or do I need to have it connected to the controller and phone like I’m getting ready to fly?

Reactions: MBauduin
73-76f. It probably took 3 hours in total to get the stupid thing to refresh the firmware, and none of them ever got warm to the touch. Unfortunately I’m still in the same boat. I’m at a loss, I just want to get her back in business. If you got any suggestions, I’m all ears. I don’t want to go through the nightmare of dealing with dji, that’s for sure. I’m half tempted to let Best Buy deal with them. Thanks for the help!!

3 hours is way too long. I think your equipment you're using is not up to the task of updating the firmware. Mine usually takes max 10 minutes to do a full update using DJI!2. Im surprised your Mavic battery lasts 3 hours to do the update :)

Well there were multiple times that I stopped and restarted because it would sit idle for so long. I switched batteries twice. It may have been internet issues though. I even reset my router in the process. It was a gift for Christmas.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman