DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Gimbal only tilts in the 90 and 0 degree position

mavical07

Reactions
Hey folks,

This is my first forum post and I think it's worth it. Firstly- I have 3 Feiyu-Tech gimbals at home so I know my way around gimbal operations.

I received my Mavic Pro 3 days ago. I updated the firmware before the first flight. I noticed after my first flight that the gimbal would only jump between the 90 and 0 degree position when using the 5D toggle on the RC. The gimbal dial on the back side of the RC does not respond AT ALL to imput commands to the gimbal tilt. Additionally, the finger slide gimbal control on the DJI control app on my iPhone 6 is "gray-ed out" but does accurately indicate the gimbal position (which jumps between only 90 and 0 degrees) although I cannot control any gimbal tilt it by that method.

The kicker is last night I attempted my first flight in Wifi mode. The
gimbal tilt control was properly functioning at all angles between 90 and 0 degrees with wifi control on my iPhone running the DJI 4 app ( using the finger slide for gimbal angle).

What am I missing? I cannot find any control settings using the RC that indicate this behavior or how to change it. Is it possible that my controller is bad since the Mavic indicated it can tilt properly under wifi control? Is there a way to reinstall firmware on the RC? Any help is much appreciated.

You may want to see if you have a a setting under Gimbal Settings, Advanced Settings, called Gimbal Tilt Smooth Track, I had the exact same indications from my P4P+, would only do 90 and 0 with the Camera Forward/Down C button setting. Changed tilt smooth track off of 30 back towards 0 and all is working fine. Took me a while to understand this setting and what had happened, but now it makes sense.

Could it be possible that you were confusing the gimbal dial with the camera dial? The gimbal dial is on the front left of the controller, camera dial is on the right.

Switching between 0 and 90 degrees is perfectly normal if you use the 5D control. That's the default setting of it.

The finger slide control in the app is not a slide control. It is just a scale display, and you can only step it up or down with the two buttons above and below the scale.

Reactions: mavical07
I did. The gimbal settings were not responsive enough and I didn't notice it. The gimbal wheel worked find. Adjusted settings. User error on my behalf.

The left dail (for gimbal tilt) doesn't work on my controller at all. The only interaction with the gimbal tilt is a 0 - 90° vertical movement with the 5D button. In an attempt to callibrate the controller (on iPhone 7+, iPhone 7 and iPad Pro) the left dail (maybe even the right dail) doesn't react, resulting in a callibration timeout error.

What am I doing wrong with my brand new put of box Mavic Pro Flymore bundle?

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78