DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Gimbal Overload possible fix (not)

Mine’s on the way back, should have it late Wednesday. I’ll keep you posted.

I just got an e-mail that mine is shipped back with a scheduled delivery date of Thursday. Assuming they got it fixed, I sure can't complain about the turn around time.

Interesting. They may replace mine then, because it's just a few days old.

This might be why your turnaround time was so fast.

Mine went out 7/9 and is coming back to me today. So, just about three weeks?

If you’re not on the east coast, it should be a bit quicker as they use UPS Ground, and that was five days each way for me. Half the overall time was just shipping.

So whats turnaround time when they need to fix it?

I was a little luckier than Order66, I sent it off a week ago Monday, and it's supposed to be here tomorrow. And like him, most of the down time was shipping. They received it on a Thursday and it was it on it's way back by Monday evening.

EDIT TO ADD: They've have not indicated as such, but it's possible since mine was just a few days old that they sent me a new one, hence the quick turn around.

Reactions: Order66
Just picked mine up from UPS.

Good news: It’s a brand new drone. Wish they’d told me that, because...

Bad news: I lost $25 because mine had a skin on it. Also have to re-register with the FAA. Another $5 lost. And my Airdata might be a mess now.

Starting over.

Just picked mine up from UPS.

Good news: It’s a brand new drone. Wish they’d told me that, because...

Bad news: I lost $25 because mine had a skin on it. Also have to re-register with the FAA. Another $5 lost. And my Airdata might be a mess now.

Starting over.

I thought you registered the pilot, not the drone. I don't remember giving them any info on my drone when I registered. In fact, I'm pretty sure all my drones (if I had others) were covered.

Each drone is individually registered and has its own registration number with the FAA, which should be prominently displayed on the body of the drone without any disassembly required to reveal it.

Each drone is individually registered and has its own registration number with the FAA, which should be prominently displayed on the body of the drone without any disassembly required to reveal it.

I just looked at my certificate and there's nothing on there about my specific drone. Wait, are you a 107 pilot?

Yes. But any drone over .55lbs is supposed to be registered.

Yes. But any drone over .55lbs is supposed to be registered.

Well there's a disconnect somewhere, I went to the FAA's website and paid my $5 and did everything they said. They did give me a number and I put that on the drone. But I do not recall registering my drone.

I think you just literally described registering a drone.

I think you just literally described registering a drone.

There are different rules. I'm not a 107 pilot, my number is good for all the drones I fly. See attached. My specific make and model was not supplied to the FAA. IF was a 107 pilot, then yes I would have to register EACH drone. Screenshot 2020-07-29 at 5.00.46 PM.png

Last edited:
Anyway.
She seems to work fine.
5ce744e84706d23d5ac8d684c5113138.jpg

Reactions: ghjcmo
Well my drone arrived and it too is a new (different?) drone than what I sent in. Not sure how I feel about that, but I guess that gave me the faster turn around. I presume it's new because it has all the stickers on it like my original had. But it might be refurbished for all I know. It will probably be tomorrow before I get to fly it.

I doubt there are a lot of refurbs around so soon. Possible, but mine was realllly clean and I took it as new.

Reactions: ghjcmo
Well it looks new. The only that was different than my original was the little round foam inserts over the propeller shafts. It didn't come with that this time. But otherwise, it appears new.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
motiongraphics50