DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Gimbal Overload possible fix (not)

Oh yeah, zero extra parts past the gimbal holder. That didn’t surprise me.

I beat it up pretty good last night using spotlight and POI and flew hard around and over multiple targets, full panning, up and down; all of it. No argument from the drone. So far so good. [emoji1695]

I had to contend with some weather issues here and I didn't get a chance to fly until this morning, and had very limited time to do so. I ran for about one battery's charge (which I don't think was anything NEAR 30 minutes) and no gimbal error. HOWEVER that was exactly what happened last time. First day's flight fine, second day gimbal error almost immediately. So I'm not ready to proclaim the problem solved just yet.

Oddly enough, I'm seemed more "afraid" of it today than I was the first time I flew it. I've REALLY got to spend the time with it to become very comfortable with reading the telemetry and controlling the drone before I even think about much photography.

I do have one question for anyone who can answer. I'd seen Youtube videos saying I could control the camera using the touch screen on my phone. I couldn't seem to figure that out. Is that one for certain modes? Or am I just "dumb" and can't figure it out?

You can drag your finger on the. Sin display and move the gimbal side to side and up and down. At least you can on the M2P; haven’t tried it on the MA2.

You can drag your finger on the. Sin display and move the gimbal side to side and up and down. At least you can on the M2P; haven’t tried it on the MA2.

Well that's the way I understood it, and they say MA2 has that feature. Perhaps I don't have the right "touch" or possibly it's something going on with my Iphone as I've noticed it's been "touchy" (pun intended LOL) about the way the screen works lately.

I've just purchased an Ipad Mini and I intend to start using it as my control screen as I wanted a little more real estate to work with. I'll have to practice with it once I get it setup.

THX. I appreciate it.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J S