DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Gimbal Roll value

metriXc

Reactions
Dear community. I purchased my mavic from someone. Today I found out that the setting was at -0.5 at the gimbal roll. Shouldn't it be 0.0 if everything was okay?

Thank you in advance.

No. This value is to tune a slightly off gimbal horizon. It is normal to have a non zero number there.

So I've been running a gimbal roll value of .7 since I got my Mavic. Even after a crash, it still seemed pretty stable at .7/.8, no matter how many times I calibrate. Given that it's cold and windy outside, today I decided to play around with the calibration. I found that if I jack up the opposite leg DRASTICALLY, like 3 inches (meaning if the horizon drops to the right, jack up the left leg) and then calibrate, I can get my roll value to drop to 0. I still don't know what the calibration algorithm does, but it seems strange that it can't figure out what level is. Just FYI in case this might help someone else.

LP

When I want to check mine I will add the gridlines and take it up 100', turn toward the horizon and then adjust the gimbal roll.

When I want to check mine I will add the gridlines and take it up 100', turn toward the horizon and then adjust the gimbal roll.

Doesn't work too well for me....too many mountains and uneven terrain. I also just simply don't like having to keep a fixed gimbal roll value....OCD.

LP

Maybe you could use the roof line of your house to check it

Reactions: Iarunr
I have, but it also depends on pointing the Mavic perfectly perpendicular to the house. I'm not sure I get your point though. I think you're giving me suggestions on how to adjust the gimbal roll to level the horizon. That's not my issue. My issue is that when I calibrate the gimbal, I still need to adjust the roll value after. My post was intended to offer an option to calibrate the gimbal so that no gimbal roll is necessary.

LP

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS