DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Gimbel cover mini pro 4 driving me crazy

Daytona500

Reactions
I know this is a simple thing but how does the mini pro 4 gimbal cover go on. I've tried several times and can not get the cover to clic in place. what the heck am I doing wrong?

Does it go easily ?
Yes once you get use to how to do the install but it's not tricky. It's easier when you start from top to bottom by first fitting the part around the sensors and then snapping down. This is for the Mini 3 Pro so I'm not exactly sure if you'll have the same experience with Mini 4 Pro. I recall the OEM cover for the Mini 3 Pro was a pain as well which is why I suggest the aftermarket versions for the Mini drones. They are various types and they are inexpensive.

The OEM gimbal cover is easy on the Mini Pro 4, Start the top and the bottom snaps right in. I fight more with the prop strap
Yeah, the prop strap is a PIA. Especially when it is cold and therefore stiffer and harder to work with.

I don't even bother with that strap thing. That's a horrible design. The front cover is all I worry about and I'm surprised it's a problem for you. Maybe you have a manufacturing defect. The mini 3 pro was a pain but I find the mini 4 to be easy and haven't had a single issue with it. I keep my drone in a case so as long as I don't mash the props in it's all good without the straps. Likewise I bought a third party cover for my Mav3 and Mav3 Pro and don't bother with the straps on them either.

Reactions: JimSteadman
I know this is a simple thing but how does the mini pro 4 gimbal cover go on. I've tried several times and can not get the cover to clic in place. what the heck am I doing wrong?

Is it possible you have something defective? Honestly, the M4P is one of the easiest ones I've ever used. We just issued 7 of them to our Fire Dept and even the guys who have no idea how to say DRONE are able to remove and replace the M4P gimbal cover with ease.

If you want a TOUGH one, go check out the Autel EVO II Dual. It takes 6 hands, prayers, and an act of Congress to get it on properly.

I don't know how you would tell if it was defective or not. It attached when I got the drone. I took it off and placed it in the box. Later I tried to put it back on and it just would not go on.
I think the cover for the 3 is the same as 4 I never had trouble getting it to on the 3 , now I've tried both on the 4 and neither will go on grrrrr

Last edited:
Can you take some pictures of the cover and post them? A backside shot would be the best

I don't know how you would tell if it was defective or not. It attached when I got the drone. I took it off and placed it in the box. Later I tried to put it back on and it just would not go on.
I think the cover for the 3 is the same as 4 I never had trouble getting it to on the 3 , now I've tried both on the 4 and neither will go on grrrrr

Maybe there's some kind of obstruction/defect on your Mini 4?

Just looked at mine - easiest way seems to be to slide it straight in from the front - don’t rotate it down. Looking at pics of Mini 3 vs 4, I don’t think the covers could swap. Do you somehow have 2 Mini 3 covers ?

this could be. I can't get the top hook into the hole. I can't see anything in there but its a hard spot to see.

This short video shows how quick and easy it "should be".

Just looked at mine - easiest way seems to be to slide it straight in from the front - don’t rotate it down. Looking at pics of Mini 3 vs 4, I don’t think the covers could swap. Do you somehow have 2 Mini 3 covers ?
I have the covers that came with the minis

Attachments

• 20231214_201737 (Copy).jpg
    20231214_201737 (Copy).jpg
    208.4 KB · Views: 7
  • 20231214_201757 (Copy).jpg
    20231214_201757 (Copy).jpg
    299.9 KB · Views: 7
  • 20231214_201737 (Copy).jpg
    20231214_201737 (Copy).jpg
    208.4 KB · Views: 7
  • 20231214_201719.jpg