DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

saulovncs

Reactions
Problem? Gimble Wobbling a lot - before and after take flight

Was unit in a crash? No

What have you tried so far? See if there is any problem in the gimbal itself, the fitting, and it seems ok, and i calibrated the gimbal on app

What device are you using? iPhone 6

What firmware are you running ( aircraft, remote controller)? Newest - V01.04.0500 / V01.04.0500

What Go app version are you using? v4.3.12 (4292)

Any modification? No modifications - all a stock unit

Did you change anything or install any apps? No

Do you have a video or pictures of the problem? Yes - links: mavic pro gimbal wobble - Streamable and IMG_0477 - Streamable

PS: When the drone is in flight, steady, it's ok, it focus and the camera keep steady, but when I tilt the camera/drone movements, the wobbling appears :(

Thank you in advance for your help

Saulo

Attachments

• IMG_0480.JPG
    IMG_0480.JPG
    708.3 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_0486.JPG
    IMG_0486.JPG
    591.8 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_0487.JPG
    IMG_0487.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 53
If the gimbal assembly has taken a slight knock, it can pop out from behind a tab that keeps it stable ...
Gimbal_tab.jpg
Checking if that tab is in the right place - is a good start ...

Don't forget the front two brackets.

Next question ... Are you flying a MAvic Pro with stock standard DJI 8330 propellors on it? (or have you fitted 8331 quiet prop's??)

I've looked at the 3 photo's you have attached to your original post - and in the first photo, you can see that the camera mount assembly is cracked ... It's cracked on the piece that the camera rotates up and down through (which is the direction that is showing as the judder on your video) ... So before going any further, I think you have to repair the camera mount.
Despite you saying that it hasn't been in a crash - it does look like at some point the camera/gimbal has been used as a nose-wheel in an uncontrolled landing! :confused:

crack.JPG

I don't think so, those are stress cracks from tighten screws to much, alot of mavic get this.

Next question ... Are you flying a MAvic Pro with stock standard DJI 8330 propellors on it? (or have you fitted 8331 quiet prop's??)
I'm Flying with the standard, that comes with Mavic.

And about the cracks, I took that photo specially because of this... but i don't know if that is the problem,

I'll do some tests again later

Saulo

Last edited:
I'm Flying with the standard, that comes with Mavic.

And about the cracks, I took that photo specially because of this... but i don't know if that is the problem,

I'll do some tests again later

Saulo
Do you feel any resistance if you push the moving arm on the end of that assembly? it should move smoothly to rotate the camera up and down through about 100 degrees of travel back & forth. If you feel it catch or rub on something, that could indicate that the damage is a bit more than you thought!

Do you feel any resistance if you push the moving arm on the end of that assembly? it should move smoothly to rotate the camera up and down through about 100 degrees of travel back & forth. If you feel it catch or rub on something, that could indicate that the damage is a bit more than you thought!

When you say about the resistance if I push the moving arm, is something like this? gimbal - mavicpro - Streamable

When you say about the resistance if I push the moving arm, is something like this? gimbal - mavicpro - Streamable
Exactly like that ... I was wondering if you could feel anything resisting, binding or rubbing through that movement - which would indicate something that is preventing smooth movement of the gimbal?

Exactly like that ... I was wondering if you could feel anything resisting, binding or rubbing through that movement - which would indicate something that is preventing smooth movement of the gimbal?
It seems just normal...

Since the day that problem started, today was the day that I flight the mavic pro to see if the wobbling problem continues, and yes, the problem persists,
even when I turn the drone ON, the gimbal do a strange movement then it stops (like here mavic pro gimbal wobble - shaking camera - Streamable at 00:08 seconds)

I don't know, but that day was windy, today is windy again,
(I did another auto-calibration of the gimbal)
Here is the footage (out of focus): Streamable

I'm already thinking about sending to some technical support :/

Changed the propellers (2 in the front) - (used the ones (2) that comes with the DJI Mavic Pro Combo - they are new...), did another test, and I think it's getting worse... now some lines is appearing in the video when the camera/gimbal is 'horizontal' gimbal wobble and lines :/ - Streamable

When I turn the Mavic on and start to takeoff, the camera start to do the weird wobbling even in the ground: mavic pro takeoff - camera wobbling - Streamable

That's all

Changed the propellers (2 in the front) - (used the ones (2) that comes with the DJI Mavic Pro Combo - they are new...), did another test, and I think it's getting worse... now some lines is appearing in the video when the camera/gimbal is 'horizontal' gimbal wobble and lines :/ - Streamable

When I turn the Mavic on and start to takeoff, the camera start to do the weird wobbling even in the ground: mavic pro takeoff - camera wobbling - Streamable

That's all
There's something broken in the gimbal mount. You can even see a small black piece of something drop out during your video ... I think that the damage shown in post #7 above, is indicating some deeper problem.

There's something broken in the gimbal mount. You can even see a small black piece of something drop out during your video ... I think that the damage shown in post #7 above, is indicating some deeper problem.
**** true!
Didn't noticed... Imao

I will send it to a technical support ASAP,

Thanks for the help!

I'll be back after to tell what is going on

I believe your problem is firmware related not hardware. That is the camera itself is ok.
I would connect the drone to Assistant2 via the PC and completely refresh the Firmware that is installed or update if it shows an update is available. I believe the last update you did on your drone has corrupted and causing your issue with camera.

I believe your problem is firmware related not hardware. That is the camera itself is ok.
I would connect the drone to Assistant2 via the PC and completely refresh the Firmware that is installed or update if it shows an update is available. I believe the last update you did on your drone has corrupted and causing your issue with camera.
Have you seen the photo in post #7??? I'm suspicious of a hardware problem myself!

Well, ok, I'll try it too.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mini2+