DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Gizmodo on Mavic debacle

Status
Not open for further replies.
The problem I have is the deliberate & ongoing deception. Had the announcement said available November 15 you, me, & scores of others would have still pre-ordered but with full disclosure. While we might be impatiently waiting, no one would feel cheated or deceived. The blame for this fiasco rests squarely with DJI.

Chris, of m more surprised that you care enough to rant on this forum about a user that has brand loyalty.

What does it matter what MSinger thinks or likes or defends? It's his business not yours.

Guys like you want JUSTICE... if it's not this issue it's always some company or someone doing you wrong.

Here's my suggestion Chris, if you want to send DJI a clear precise message (?) take your business elsewhere. Go to Karma?!Go to YUNEEC?

I'm a DJI fan boy too I guess! They rolled out the best Drone on the market year after year... with little competition! They are THE market leaders! I believe Karma came out, DJI "leaked" the Mavic, and stopped Karma in its tracks... Mavic sales are far exceeding anything DJI expected in sure... keeping up with the demand is a tall order.

Lastly I'll say this, you wanted a Mavic? So did I! I watched the launch, then went to lunch, chilled for a few hours, then thought "screw it, I'm doing this"... I went on Amazon, looked for DJI STORE, and pulled the trigger! Then I went to the DJI app and bought my accessories. I was one of the first in the USA to get the Mavic, certainly in the western side of the USA, and I'm very happy. So back to my question... how did DJI make it harder for you to preorder just like I did? Are you mad at DJI or yourself?

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

I recall seeing the email on another site. It included the guy's name, email address, Skype #, etc.. Not sure why it would be fake with the actual contact info?

You are also assuming the contact info was correct as well.

Oh no..not again. In may I had ordered the Yuneec Typhoon H intel, delivery was postponed time after time...so finally I cancelled. If my shop can't deliver from the end of next week.....I'll do so again. Strange companies those drone producers. yak.:(

The problem I have is the deliberate & ongoing deception. Had the announcement said available November 15 you, me, & scores of others would have still pre-ordered but with full disclosure. While we might be impatiently waiting, no one would feel cheated or deceived. The blame for this fiasco rests squarely with DJI.

You honestly feel cheated because your toy is a couple of weeks late? Seriously, get a grip and join the real world. If you don't want to wait then cancel your order. I don't think I've ever seen as much whining from supposed adults.

Whatever we may say about the article, the letter and the rest, it all fits. Can´t argue with facts, can´t fault Gizmodo for being who they are and doing what they do.

Just look at the whole picture and it´s all there for everyone to see. It´s obvious and undeniable that DJI just can´t supply demand at the moment. Also true that only a few are getting their Mavics, which one way or another corroborates what the press, the comunities and the market is saying. And seems quite clear too that DJI is playing and manipulating all this to their best interest, even possibly at the expense of their clients in one way or another and for whatever reason, be that beat competition, make a splash, whatever.

So, I´m not making judgements on DJI or everyone else is saying or doing. But basically, yes Gizmodo has it right. However each one decides to feel or act upon this.

P.S.: This is sure to deflate as soon as Mavic gets available everywhere. I predict everyone will be happy as kids in no time and all this will be forgotten. Untill next release, of course LOL

Last edited:
Reactions: Mavic_Man504
I recall seeing the email on another site. It included the guy's name, email address, Skype #, etc.. Not sure why it would be fake with the actual contact info?
To be super-fair, there were a number of fake emails with 'contact info' (but inconsistent-enough verbiage to make it look suspect) had been circulated on the DJI forums. It was quite a troll-fest over there.

You honestly feel cheated because your toy is a couple of weeks late? Seriously, get a grip and join the real world. If you don't want to wait then cancel your order. I don't think I've ever seen as much whining from supposed adults.
Dig a hole and dive into it

Lets look at this a second. FWIW, I dont have a drone, have never dealt with DJI before. I have also been frustrated with the information given and the lack of speed in their responses to inquiries. But think, they started shipping less than a week after their projected time. 6 Days. The never said ALL pre-orders would be ready the moment the order was received.

Have any of you funded more than one kickstarter? Have they all been shipped on time? I have funded 12 projects on kickstarter. 3 are still in progress, 4 shipped months late, 2 I canceled after 18 months of no action (refunded the money), and other 3 shipped on time or early.

So shipping 1 week late, OMG! Things we do not know for certain: how many units were ready, was the software completed, what were their order expectations, exactly how many were ordered in the first 48 hours? Unless you work for DJI in the departments directly involved in those questions, you are 1) guessing, 2) assuming, 3) Full of S when making up answers.

How many of the iPhone 7 pre-orders made it to everyone's hands on time? What about the iPhone 6S? iPhone 5S? My 5S was weeks late.

Reactions: woolvie
drink bleach....or go kiss msingers butt.....we're frustrated with DJI and their lack of response here....

This forum has 1,425 members in the space of a few weeks and I'm guessing 90% have ordered a Mavic and out of that number how many have actually got one?

I will still buy a Mavic (Well probably) but for now I will take this as a lesson learnt and never pre-order again and get wound up about being lied to by men in suits.
You still here on the forum? Maybe 90% of that 90% have cancelled their orders, like youself...;):D (just joking)

Gizmodo - "Where we take a dashing of truth with a spoonful of rumor and mix in a pinch of lies to bring the perfect controversial story to keep forums busy for weeks!"

Though, this forum has enough rumor to fill the container ships that cross the oceans every day...

A GoPro agent must have sent the fake letter to Gizmodo to cause panic and disorder in the drone kingdom..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rui S