DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Gizmodo on Mavic debacle

Status
Not open for further replies.
drink bleach....or go kiss msingers butt.....we're frustrated with DJI and their lack of response here....
Dude chill, Msinger has contributed more to this sight than anyone. You're just contributing hot air.

Reactions: woolvie
**** msinger....you will go to the ends of the earth to defend DJI won't you.....I mean DJI is wrong......DJI should have better communication with it's customers....why you feel the need to defend such a company that treats the customers like this is beyond me....we get it...you have a hardon for DJI....but at least man up and say DJI has left their customers in the dark AS USUAL.....I was hoping to come to mavicpro.com to get away from the die hard DJI fanboys....that have corrupted phantompilots....guess you found your way over here also.....
My comment had nothing to do with the DJI delay or their lack of clear feedback. I was simply recommending that those who want the latest and greatest aircraft ASAP should only order from DJI directly. That's what I've been doing over the past couple of years and I always get my new aircraft pretty quickly after DJI starts shipping.

Best Buy just delayed all their preorders to 11/30.

...sigh.

I guess it was a GoPro agent who hacked into Best Buy's order center & pushed back all those 10/31 delivery dates to 11/30?

Some folks just enjoy being deceived....
You have a strange idea about what being deceived is. DJI said they would begin shipments on the 15th. They actually began on the 21st. Six whole days late. No where did they promise that everyone who wanted on would get one by the end of Oct. You and some of the others deceived yourself into thinking that you are so entitled that yours must be the very first one shipped. Once again, you are in complete control. If you're not happy, cancel your order but please stop crying.

Reactions: Samm
de·cep·tion
dəˈsepSH(ə)n/
noun
noun: deception; plural noun: deceptions
  1. the action of deceiving someone.
    "obtaining property by deception"

That's how I define deception. The Mavic was announced 9/27 with pre-order shipping to commence on 10/15 & in stores/dealers on 11/02. What has happened thus far?

A week beyond the 15th with the natives becoming restless, DJI came up with "The Shiny Penny" solution. They announce "units are shipping & the factory is in full swing" & prepared 50-100 Mavic-only units to be shipped to calm unrest.

Oddly this is precisely what the so-called "fake" email describes.

Had orders then begun to flow on a regular basis this would have been the end of it. Yet despite the "full swing" status of the factory, no further orders shipped over the ensuing week. Why not? Simple. The factory wasn't running. It was a one-off just like the email stated. Why did DJI do this? In a nutshell, they did it for folks like you. Folks who could be easily distracted by a shiny penny. Folks who would argue, "Gee it was only 6 days late!" even though it was merely a ruse.

Nearly a week passes with no further Mavic shipments. Now "Combo" purchasers are up in arms & once again DJI goes back to "The Shiny Penny" strategy. DJI puts together 50-100 Combo packs & ships them out. Folks cheer "Hurrah they're shipping Combos!" but again it is only a ruse. They ship for a day & again shipments stop. DJI admits to Gizmodo the factory is NOT in full swing at all.

The fact is DJI had no intention nor capability of meeting the October 15th release date & they KNEW this. It's nearly November & less than 200 Mavic pre-orders have been delivered. Retail availability has been pushed back to the end of November/mid-December, & no orders are going out the door other than the ones thrown together to soothe the unrest.

All this could have been solved by simply BEING HONEST up front. Had DJI stated "available 11/15 or 12/01" they would have still got the word out & had plenty of pre-orders, but people would have known in advance what to expect. This is a pre-order not a Kickstarter purchase.

Perhaps a shiny penny & a glass of Kool-Aid works for you. I'm sure DJI will be happy to polish it up now & then & provide you with free refills upon request. But not everyone shares your docility. So kick back, play with your penny, & enjoy your drink. You might even benefit from a free set of props or battery if the unrest becomes loud enough. ;)

You have a strange idea about what being deceived is. DJI said they would begin shipments on the 15th. They actually began on the 21st. Six whole days late. No where did they promise that everyone who wanted on would get one by the end of Oct. You and some of the others deceived yourself into thinking that you are so entitled that yours must be the very first one shipped. Once again, you are in complete control. If you're not happy, cancel your order but please stop crying.

de·cep·tion..........................................

That's how I define deception. The Mavic was announced 9/27 with pre-order shipping to commence on 10/15 & in stores/dealers on 11/02. What has happened thus far?

;)
Once again, DJI was 6 days late in their announced ship date. Where did they state they would fill all pre-orders in a stated time? No where. I want mine now also. But I don't feel like I have been deceived or cheated. You seem to have purchased a number of drones as have I. Certainly you have experienced this before? I did with the Phantom 4 and also with my first Blade quad. It's not the end of the world. You'll survive and once again, if it upsets you that much, cancel your order. Constantly complaining here won't change a thing. Send your complaints to DJI. Seems like there are better uses for this forum.

Last edited:
I agree with wolvie, you are preaching to the choir here. If you're upset with DJI cancel your order. By why come here ranting to people who like the mavic and are fine waiting for their orders?

Reactions: woolvie and Samm
You are totally missing the point. So they shipped something so it's all good?

Have some more Kool-Aid... :rolleyes:

PXYpn-Pvg_VnJXNJE35GIFkvTCjtAxx07R98eQP-53ZPgDwG5jIBPq2Byv9oBg-is6TvIEbUXmcy8TJPfwJZFwPfq81fH8LdTGWLdcayjd0UhWLet7gOICVY0KUwjjABqa5uhMCYOZgZo_mpARm7Qya1D1HWPW_UYvXfGTImzmtfxpuSzeBUekdg92lwuPeHoZdMfRmrrTe4Ts4fSNSyBWuA--XPG6EImzcpbZZwoLoCIZXPsbj_xeWLDwh0f-vfpstXzEu8v_7DCsa1_ifwH5FwBe3jg52DIfR8K-cs4DUFEftfQrTr2Ct7mJZbSaPDM2KhcmPJvrA92qnzm6MaOkg3rax2hnZ7tILw6cZUp7xotnlQY8MN4cuurI4N125RHKRZoD0QxW3deNpDZ6aoGYyp1x1QJVNOKCbt3yXe-sm-if9xqinCL0KMOuYwUgodSWf0DhTWGqiW4_708OonO8_eNz0RTF-4JsohpeJRBkwkH-JEDB-U3Af943ehgzeJf79TMHFGvGazgbwBrDPFbNnApfOR40a9iV36rJPjLd2yhvgtNoBQwDv74_1h9ddOowE_bsdxkB1OBzI8bgghIZtWSs4JrZ49wSucDhymNfriv3JyPw=w880-h495-no

Once again, DJI was 6 days late in their announced ship date. Where did they state they would fill all pre-orders in a stated time? No where. I want mine now also. But I don't feel like I have been deceived or cheated. You seem to have purchased a number of drones as have I. Certainly you have experienced this before? I did with the Phantom 4 and also with my first Blade quad. It's not the end of the world. You'll survive and once again, if it upsets you that much, cancel your order. Constantly complaining here won't change a thing. Send your complaints to DJI. Seems like there are better uses for this forum.

Reactions: LivinLarge
Oddly this is precisely what the so-called "fake" email describes.

Had orders then begun to flow on a regular basis this would have been the end of it. Yet despite the "full swing" status of the factory, no further orders shipped over the ensuing week. Why not? Simple. The factory wasn't running. It was a one-off just like the email stated. Why did DJI do this? In a nutshell, they did it for folks like you. Folks who could be easily distracted by a shiny penny. Folks who would argue, "Gee it was only 6 days late!" even though it was merely a ruse.

Nearly a week passes with no further Mavic shipments. Now "Combo" purchasers are up in arms & once again DJI goes back to "The Shiny Penny" strategy. DJI puts together 50-100 Combo packs & ships them out. Folks cheer "Hurrah they're shipping Combos!" but again it is only a ruse. They ship for a day & again shipments stop. DJI admits to Gizmodo the factory is NOT in full swing at all.

The fact is DJI had no intention nor capability of meeting the October 15th release date & they KNEW this. It's nearly November & less than 200 Mavic pre-orders have been delivered. Retail availability has been pushed back to the end of November/mid-December, & no orders are going out the door other than the ones thrown together to soothe the unrest.

All this could have been solved by simply BEING HONEST up front. Had DJI stated "available 11/15 or 12/01" they would have still got the word out & had plenty of pre-orders, but people would have known in advance what to expect. This is a pre-order not a Kickstarter purchase.

Perhaps a shiny penny & a glass of Kool-Aid works for you. I'm sure DJI will be happy to polish it up now & then & provide you with free refills upon request. But not everyone shares your docility. So kick back, play with your penny, & enjoy your drink. You might even benefit from a free set of props or battery if the unrest becomes loud enough. ;)

Wow, you're kind of ridiculous. Interesting how you come up with this theory after reading the so called 'fake email' and then act like it's amazing that it agrees with you. I'm new to this forum but posts like yours are a good reason to use the ignore function.

Last edited:
Reactions: AgentBB007
There is no indication the email was fake. It precisely describes what has happened.

Ignore me if you will, but let's see how long you ignore the irrefutable fact that delivery dates have been pushed back 1-1.5 months.

You've been listening to DJI Dan! "Our factory is in full swing!"

Wow, you're kind of ridiculous. Interesting how you come up with this theory after reading the so called 'fake email' and then act like it amazing that it agrees with you. I'm new to this forum but posts like yours are a good reason to use the ignore function.

You are totally missing the point. So they shipped something so it's all good?

Have some more Kool-Aid... :rolleyes:

PXYpn-Pvg_VnJXNJE35GIFkvTCjtAxx07R98eQP-53ZPgDwG5jIBPq2Byv9oBg-is6TvIEbUXmcy8TJPfwJZFwPfq81fH8LdTGWLdcayjd0UhWLet7gOICVY0KUwjjABqa5uhMCYOZgZo_mpARm7Qya1D1HWPW_UYvXfGTImzmtfxpuSzeBUekdg92lwuPeHoZdMfRmrrTe4Ts4fSNSyBWuA--XPG6EImzcpbZZwoLoCIZXPsbj_xeWLDwh0f-vfpstXzEu8v_7DCsa1_ifwH5FwBe3jg52DIfR8K-cs4DUFEftfQrTr2Ct7mJZbSaPDM2KhcmPJvrA92qnzm6MaOkg3rax2hnZ7tILw6cZUp7xotnlQY8MN4cuurI4N125RHKRZoD0QxW3deNpDZ6aoGYyp1x1QJVNOKCbt3yXe-sm-if9xqinCL0KMOuYwUgodSWf0DhTWGqiW4_708OonO8_eNz0RTF-4JsohpeJRBkwkH-JEDB-U3Af943ehgzeJf79TMHFGvGazgbwBrDPFbNnApfOR40a9iV36rJPjLd2yhvgtNoBQwDv74_1h9ddOowE_bsdxkB1OBzI8bgghIZtWSs4JrZ49wSucDhymNfriv3JyPw=w880-h495-no
[/QUOTE]

I'm not missing the point, it's right on top of your head. Where did DJI promise you that you would have your Mavic by now?
You're avatar looks older but based on your whining and entitled behavior, I'd say about 12?

There is no indication the email was fake. It precisely describes what has happened.

Ignore me if you will, but let's see how long you ignore the irrefutable fact that delivery dates have been pushed back 1-1.5 months.

You've been listening to DJI Dan! "Our factory is in full swing!"

I didn't say it was fake. I was quoting you. I know this will be hard for you to handle, but my life will go on even if the Mavic is pushed back 1- 1.5 months Maybe, once the Mavic is in your hands, you'll have something useful to post.

If they shipped two a day you'd be content? DJI Dan likes you! ;)

I'm not missing the point, it's right on top of your head. Where did DJI promise you that you would have your Mavic by now?
You're avatar looks older but based on your whining and entitled behavior, I'd say about 12?

Then why are you here? Move on & have a great evening!

I didn't say it was fake. I was quoting you. I know this will be hard for you to handle, but my life will go on even if the Mavic is pushed back 1- 1.5 months Maybe, once the Mavic is in your hands, you'll have something useful to post.

It's a general forum and he is directly commenting on the Gizmodo column. Why would he need to go to DJI to complain? All he is basically asking for is some communication from DJI as to what the problem is and when to expect his drone. This is not a Mom/Pop company they have people who can estimate the output from the factory and PR people to communicate any problems they might be having. They seem to be even leaving their dealers in complete confusion as well.

It's a general forum and he is directly commenting on the Gizmodo column. Why would he need to go to DJI to complain? All he is basically asking for is some communication from DJI as to what the problem is and when to expect his drone. This is not a Mom/Pop company they have people who can estimate the output from the factory and PR people to communicate any problems they might be having. They seem to be even leaving their dealers in complete confusion as well.

Do you really believe he will get a response to his complaints by posting here? His complaints are with DJI, if he really wants a response ( and I don't think he really does, he just enjoys the whining) he should contact DJI. Does that not seem reasonable?

I have expressed my thoughts to DJI. This is a discussion topic for the Gizmodo article. If you don't like the discussion ignore it & move on.

Do you really believe he will get a response to his complaints by posting here? His complaints are with DJI, if he really wants a response ( and I don't think he really does, he just enjoys the whining) he should contact DJI. Does that not seem reasonable?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
petravka