DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Go 4 app continuously crashing iPhone 7

Gerry65

Reactions
Hi folks. Tried to fly today and for the first time since I’ve had the Mavic and the Go 4 app (9 months; 27 hours flight time), the app crashes after 1-2 minutes. This happens whether I’m connected to the Mavic or if I just open the app. Just flew 2 days ago and was in the app looking through my logs yesterday w/o issue. Tried rebooting the app and iPhone to no avail. So I read I should delete the app and download it again. Then I saw you should save your data but not sure how to do that.

Anyway, is there anything else to try before delete and re-install. And how does one save their data from the original version.

PS- the app version is 4.1.18 and I haven’t yet downloaded and installed the most recent update, but have been using the previous version.

Thanks for any help

Thanks for that quick response. I’m on 11.1.1 so I’ll update to 11.2 and report back. Thanks again

Latest Firmware. Crashed and crashed.
Answer ...... Update IOS to 11.2 !!!!
No problems now [emoji4]
Thanks. Gonna do that because it’s doing just that with my current iOS version...crash, crash, crash. Thanks again.

Thanks. Gonna do that because it’s doing just that with my current iOS version...crash, crash, crash. Thanks again.

The problems will continue in the future. Ios xx.xx.xx, go 4.xx.xx, same story. Nothing beats a dedicated Android device that can be rolled back to stable version in seconds.

The problems will continue in the future. Ios xx.xx.xx, go 4.xx.xx, same story. Nothing beats a dedicated Android device that can be rolled back to stable version in seconds.

This wasn't an incompatibility between DJI GO and iOS.

It was a global iOS bug which was triggered on Dec 2nd which affected all apps using local notifications. They would either crash or reboot the phone.

Btw I use a dedicated iPhone for the Mavic. No need to rollback as it's rock stable.

Thanks for the info, I flew earlier todaty 12-03-2017 and the DJI GO 4 app kept crashing every 30 seconds.I am getting IOS 11.2 right now.

Reactions: Daryls2000
Thanks for that quick response. I’m on 11.1.1 so I’ll update to 11.2 and report back. Thanks again
just for clarity, i am running 11.1.2 and i was crashing repeatedly last night. so are you saying there is a update to ios that is 11.2 or are we speaking about 11.1.2

So why is this just happening. Before I load update I want to be some what confident. [emoji20]

I flew 2 batteries this morning before updating iOS and the app crashed 6 or 7 times. I went home, updated and charged up. And flew 2 flawless batteries this afternoon.

I had the exact same problem... Red light, green light, yellow light, drifting, application crashing... Updated iOS 11.2 everything good

Fixed me too! Can’t wait to try the iPhone X, which arrives today. Whoohoo!

Flew 3 batteries on my Phantom 3 advanced this morning with w iPad mini 4. Go App crashed every 1 minute 40 seconds. Will update the iPad as I have yet to do it.

Posted this here as there is nothing on Phantompilots that I could find as of yet.

I also fly a Mavic. So if it's not on one site it might be on the other.

I have an Android phone, but after reading all the angry reviews in the Play Store, I decided to buy a dedicated iPad 4 Mini. Mistake?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bahamaboy242