DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Go easy, I'm a noob!

Feanor

Reactions
Yeah, I'm pretty new to all of this, especially video and editing. I've only flown the little tiny indoor drones and one that's bigger that has a cheap camera on it, so the mavic is my first non-toy drone.

I've read so many posts here and saw a bunch of your videos, you guys seem like experts! I'm sure mine looks putrid lol, but it's my first time so I'm happy with it. However, I'd appreciate any feedback you guys have, one particular thing I'm wondering about is the water. Most of it looks fine to my untrained eye except the white water from the waves, I feel it can have more detail. Thanks!

Reactions: Ktm250
I'm also new and you are much braver than I am! Your control over your drone is light years ahead of mine. Nice video!

Reactions: Feanor
I'm also new and you are much braver than I am! Your control over your drone is light years ahead of mine. Nice video!

Thanks! I practiced a bunch for a couple weeks before heading to the beach. I also adjusted the gimbal and yaw settings so they aren't over-responsive, you should try that if you haven't yet.

very nice, especially since you're new to this. You might want to get some ND (neutral density) filters, which are basically sunshades for your camera. That will help with some of the detail you're losing in the waves, sky, etc. I'm absolutely NO expert when it comes to videography/drones (still learning) but I've done a lot of photography. You have a gorgeous location to shoot there...keep it up!

very nice, especially since you're new to this. You might want to get some ND (neutral density) filters, which are basically sunshades for your camera. That will help with some of the detail you're losing in the waves, sky, etc. I'm absolutely NO expert when it comes to videography/drones (still learning) but I've done a lot of photography. You have a gorgeous location to shoot there...keep it up!

I should have posted my settings! I was using a Polar Pro ND16 filter, shooting in 4k (3840x2160) at 24fps, ISO 100, shutter speed 60.

It was definitely a nice place to fly, but it was tough finding a spot. I eventually asked a lifeguard if he'd mind if I take off on the beach away from people, I got the ok and kept it over the water. Pretty tough finding places that aren't anti-drone.

ahhh, ok. It is so bright that I didn't think you were using filters. Thanks for posting the settings. Good luck with the shots!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shandilya