DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Go Fly App - flight screen orientation indicator

jamiemink

Reactions
I’ve had all types of DJI drones... phantoms, Mavics, and now the Mavic Mini. The little drone is brilliant, but the flight interface is a bit wonky.

Is anyone else having issues with the flight screen orientation indicator at the bottom middle of the screen not even being close to accurate? I know how to fly, I know how it’s intended to work. Seems it was “close” to being correct initially, now it’s not even in the ballpark. I’ve recalibrated the IUM and compass, no effect.

Hopefully it’s something an update will correct.

Mine isn't very accurate either, to the point that I mostly just ignore it. The mini map in the bottom left is much more reliable and shows more information at the expense of a bit of FPV screen real estate.

I’ve had all types of DJI drones... phantoms, Mavics, and now the Mavic Mini. The little drone is brilliant, but the flight interface is a bit wonky.

Is anyone else having issues with the flight screen orientation indicator at the bottom middle of the screen not even being close to accurate? I know how to fly, I know how it’s intended to work. Seems it was “close” to being correct initially, now it’s not even in the ballpark. I’ve recalibrated the IUM and compass, no effect.

Hopefully it’s something an update will correct.

I started a thread about this a little while back, and also posted it in the DJI Forum, but unfortunately I never got a positive response from DJI (at least, not yet).

Mavic Mini RC Affecting Compass on Samsung Phone

Are you by any chance using a Samsung phone?

I thought that was fixed on the last update. I saw a YouTube video where someone mentioned the correction.

I've had the drone directly in front of me. When I look at the orientation icon it shows me the drone is behind me. Sometimes i can barely see the indicator arrow because it is almost off the screen. Now I am guessing that with the drone at say, 100ft in front of me and pointing away from me, the arrow should be pointing away from me and be right in the middle of the arc line. If this is incorrect I would like to know.

I've had the drone directly in front of me. When I look at the orientation icon it shows me the drone is behind me. Sometimes i can barely see the indicator arrow because it is almost off the screen. Now I am guessing that with the drone at say, 100ft in front of me and pointing away from me, the arrow should be pointing away from me and be right in the middle of the arc line. If this is incorrect I would like to know.

Yes, to the best of my knowledge that is how it is meant to work.

Unfortunately, the situation you describe is pretty much what myself and others with this problem are experiencing.

Reactions: LeitrimMavic
Yes, to the best of my knowledge that is how it is meant to work.

Unfortunately, the situation you describe is pretty much what myself and others with this problem are experiencing.

this needs to be fixed.Seeing as the mini is so small after a couple hundred feet out it gets really hard to see. That orientation icon would be really helpful to bring the drone back. I'm still pretty much a newbie but I could really use a correctly functioning indicator.

Reactions: jamiemink
this needs to be fixed.Seeing as the mini is so small after a couple hundred feet out it gets really hard to see. That orientation icon would be really helpful to bring the drone back. I'm still pretty much a newbie but I could really use a correctly functioning indicator.

Exactly. I’ve been flying drones a long time now, I’m always monitoring that feature in the GO4 app. I understand fully that the full size map exists and can be used, however, the quick reference orientation feature should be functional. I’m hopeful it’ll be resolved in an update.

Would you by any chance happen to have a link to that video? It would really be very helpful

Thanks.
Was this it? Billy is always on top of these things.

Also be sure your app version matches the FW. Also make sure your IOS is up to date as well.

Was this it? Billy is always on top of these things.

Also be sure your app version matches the FW. Also make sure your IOS is up to date as well.

Thanks for posting that, Drone Master.

Unfortunately in my case, all my firmware & software, including that of the phone, is up to date.

Yet I still experience the problem, and obviously I am not alone.

Hopefully a fix will come.

Thanks for posting that, Drone Master.

Unfortunately in my case, all my firmware & software, including that of the phone, is up to date.

Yet I still experience the problem, and obviously I am not alone.

Hopefully a fix will come.
Very well, hope you get it sorted out. I am running with a 11 Pro Max and it works fine for me. :)

Very well, hope you get it sorted out. I am running with a 11 Pro Max and it works fine for me. :)

Drone Master....... would you agree that ios devices work better with DJI products than Android devices?

I have an Osmo 3, and I know for a fact that a lot of features available using an ios device are not available using an Android.

I ask because I am wondering whether it would be worth getting an ios device to use solely with my DJI products.

What are your thoughts?

Thanks.

Reactions: Drone Master
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne