DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Go Fly screen pops up while flying!

Rangerider

Reactions
I recently bought a Mavic 2 Pro with Smart Controller. I did the firmware updates before flying. I now am getting the Go Fly screen popping up while flying sometimes 2-3 times. This is very dangerous as you can't see anything unless you tap on the Go Fly tab again! I have contacted DJI support Blair Tang and he said for me to update the firmware. Both the Mavic and the SC show Latest Firmware or Newest in the Settings tab. I can't update it only downgrade option is offered in the SC. The dji techi Blair Tang said then use the Assistant 2 to update. I tried that and can't get past the downloading or installing portion of the update for either the SC or the Mavic. I know they have software issues which they seem reluctant to admit and instead just tell you to update firmware. Doing online live chat with them is a joke. They take forever and treat you like a dimwit. Any suggestions?

Last edited:
And you know about the two different Assistant 2’s.
One for Mavic Pro and one for mavic 2 ?
No tell me please. Since I am having a problem with downloading then I must be using the wrong one? The DJI download page on their web site says nothing about that. Please provide a link.

Last edited:
and best to use usb 2 and not 3
Okay I was using usb 3 port and cable. You're saying use old cable and old port? That is interesting because the Mavic 2 Pro comes with a usb 3 cable! They have no instructions saying you should use usb 2 with a usb 3 cable.???

Last edited:
I downloaded this one:

• DJI Assistant 2 For Mavic v2.0.8
    2019-04-25
    ZIP
    EXE

I have a Mavic 2 Pro with SC
That is the correct one for the Mavic 2 series.

You might try changing the Display and/or shut off timeout. Main Settings Display, I set it to 30 minutes so that it just stays on. Some folks suggest NO sd-card in the slot. And try different usb ports. Some find usb2 works better than usb3. Also, if you can use another computer. I had trouble on my Win7 machine. I finally searched the Win Registry and forcefully deleted every entry that had DJI in it. Rebooted the computer and reinstalled Assistant. It then worked.

And, yes, it can be most exasperating.

Reactions: Rangerider
That is the correct one for the Mavic 2 series.

You might try changing the Display and/or shut off timeout. Main Settings Display, I set it to 30 minutes so that it just stays on. Some folks suggest NO sd-card in the slot. And try different usb ports. Some find usb2 works better than usb3. Also, if you can use another computer. I had trouble on my Win7 machine. I finally searched the Win Registry and forcefully deleted every entry that had DJI in it. Rebooted the computer and reinstalled Assistant. It then worked.

And, yes, it can be most exasperating.
DJI has software issues that they are not addressing. They sell you their product and then let you try and find a fix somewhere on the internet. Other than that, its a fine product.

me a quite a few others could not get the update to work with usb 3, after hours trying I gave up and searched about and using usb2 was suggested on forums I was reading as that seems to fix the problem, first time I tried using usb2, updated no problem, and you must use the DJI assistant 2 for Mavic, ver 2.08 I believe it is now

thanks I will try using the usb 2 port on my computer and report back. Just to be clear, the Go Fly page with the Mavic 2 picture pops up replacing the full screen and then I have to tap the go fly tab to get back to the primary presentation while flying. It seems very dangerous to me.

thanks I will try using the usb 2 port on my computer and report back. Just to be clear, the Go Fly page with the Mavic 2 picture pops up replacing the full screen and then I have to tap the go fly tab to get back to the primary presentation while flying. It seems very dangerous to me.
Hmm - any chance you are accidentally hitting the wrong button? I THINK the BACK "button" (left side) can move out of apps.

I recently bought a Mavic 2 Pro with Smart Controller. I did the firmware updates before flying. I now am getting the Go Fly screen popping up while flying sometimes 2-3 times. This is very dangerous as you can't see anything unless you tap on the Go Fly tab again! I have contacted DJI support Blair Tang and he said for me to update the firmware. Both the Mavic and the SC show Latest Firmware or Newest in the Settings tab. I can't update it only downgrade option is offered in the SC. The dji techi Blair Tang said then use the Assistant 2 to update. I tried that and can't get past the downloading or installing portion of the update for either the SC or the Mavic. I know they have software issues which they seem reluctant to admit and instead just tell you to update firmware. Doing online live chat with them is a joke. They take forever and treat you like a ddimwit. Any suggestions?
I find myself inadvertently pressing one button or another from time to time because there are buttons everywhere on the SC and it can be difficult to handle without pressing something unintentionally.

I am wondering if there is any chance you may have unintentionally pressed on the Back button next to the left stick. That might take you back to the Go Fly screen.

Hmm - any chance you are accidentally hitting the wrong button? I THINK the BACK "button" (left side) can move out of apps.
Now that's a possibility I hadn't considered. I use both index and thumb fingers on each stick so I will try to pay attention to make sure that is not happening. Thanks for the suggestion.

"After careful trial and investigation, this is what I have figured out. While flying the drone using the index and thumb fingers on each control stick, my left thumb occasionally touches the DJI logo in the upper left corner of the smart controller screen. The screen then changes to the Mavic Go Fly screen! This is very dangerous. I defy almost anyone to try using this method without touching the upper left corner of the smart controller screen thus changing to the Go Fly screen while in the midst of flying. I would recommend that the software be changed to disable that function while already flying to prevent this from happening again. I do not like using just thumbs as the control is not as good!" I sent the foregoing to DJI tech support and am awaiting a response. Does anyone here have a suggestion for me to avoid this problem? I can't seem to avoid touching my left thumb at the joint to the upper left corner of the screen while flying. My hands are too big! This is annoying.

I was also able to 'refresh' my firmware on both the smart controller and drone by using a usb 2 port on my computer. Waiting through the 3 phases that the Assistant goes through to update/refresh is a time and battery consuming process.

Reactions: Thomas B and ff22
At least you have an answer! Now you just have to decide which magician is going to help with the reduction spell.

"After careful trial and investigation, this is what I have figured out. While flying the drone using the index and thumb fingers on each control stick, my left thumb occasionally touches the DJI logo in the upper left corner of the smart controller screen. The screen then changes to the Mavic Go Fly screen! This is very dangerous. I defy almost anyone to try using this method without touching the upper left corner of the smart controller screen thus changing to the Go Fly screen while in the midst of flying. I would recommend that the software be changed to disable that function while already flying to prevent this from happening again. I do not like using just thumbs as the control is not as good!" I sent the foregoing to DJI tech support and am awaiting a response. Does anyone here have a suggestion for me to avoid this problem? I can't seem to avoid touching my left thumb at the joint to the upper left corner of the screen while flying. My hands are too big! This is annoying.

I was also able to 'refresh' my firmware on both the smart controller and drone by using a usb 2 port on my computer. Waiting through the 3 phases that the Assistant goes through to update/refresh is a time and battery consuming process.
Well, I'm glad you figured out the issue. Hopefully, you find a reasonable method to avoid its consequences.

Reactions: ff22

Try these they will make it better.

Well, I'm glad you figured out the issue. Hopefully, you find a reasonable method to avoid its consequences.
Maybe a good plastic surgeon could devise a left thumb mod to remove part of my thumb?

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jimwinter