DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Go to fly my Mavic and find this....WTF

Because they usually have a costly habit that needs financing.
These scumbags really don't care of the cost to you not only with the drone itself, but also the repair bill to your car and your loss of time.

Hopefully there's the slim chance you'll get it back through one of the ways mentioned but to be honest, it's probably long gone now.

You or your family weren't hurt here which is the main thing and the drone and window can be replaced.

Chalk it up to one of lives annoyances and just be thankful your life isn't in the same sorry state theirs must be.
Your absolutely right. That's replaceable. Family is not

Reactions: Niblett
Did you leave the Mavic where it was easy to see? On the rare occasions I leave my Mavic big in the car it’s in the trunk out of sight.
It was in its shoulder bag. On floorboard...it's my stupidity... I'm sure they don't even now what they grabbed. Probably think it's a toy.

Gutted :/

There certainly are some characters in the world. I'm not entirely sure on how it works in the US but in the UK like others have said something like this would be normally covered under your housing and contents insurance.

Reactions: Niblett
It’s covered in the States too if you have full coverage insurance. It’ll fall under Comprehensive. The deductibles can start from $0 on up. Plus that’s a claim filed, which later will catch up to you.

Sucks dude.probably some drugged out loser . Check local pawn shops in a 50 mile radius call around. And check craigslist

It was in its shoulder bag. On floorboard...it's my stupidity... I'm sure they don't even now what they grabbed. Probably think it's a toy.
A few years ago my car was broken into three times in six months with nothing visible. They were just going through the car hoping to find something. Of course they knew they could pop the trunk once they were in. I felt like I should get a bulk discount on driver's side windows.

The nice thing is that the third time the people got caught. A 15-year-old kid, with his uncle driving a van and keeping an eye out. They would go from one city-owned parking ramp to the next. They had to pay for my window at least.

That's why I don't like that bag. It looks too much like a camera bag and its also a very nice looking bag. I keep my mavic in a tactical water bottle holder. Its really inconspicuous especially when I'm walking around or hiking. I'm assuming that people just think I have a water bottle in there.

Reactions: Sir Marcus
Sorry to hear about this, it absolutely sucks!

UPDATE....... My insurance does cover it. But is it really worth it...deductible is 500.00 dollars. And they will only give me 500.00 towards my Mavic... OK I can now say I'm pissed. Even more then before.

UPDATE....... My insurance does cover it. But is it really worth it...deductible is 500.00 dollars. And they will only give me 500.00 towards my Mavic... OK I can now say I'm pissed. Even more then before.

Hmm, so they want you to pay $500 for them to give you $500....seems legit...

The deductible should be for the whole claim. Your glass repair, and the Bird. If you provide receipts, even with depreciation, it should be close to the full replacement. You did post you just got it... IT should be ONE claim, ONE deductible. I’ve had similar claims where the one deductible covered ALL. Double check that, and make sure you tell them you just bought the toy.

Usually there is no deductible for glass. Hence it applies to the rest of the claim.

You’ll need to keep valuables out of sight. Even having tinted windows won’t help. Ive been there myself. I keep everything in the trunk.

It would be nice if DJI allowed users to lock their drones like they can prevent you from flying without an update. It would also be nice to have a hard registration key that will allow the craft to be tracked in the event of theft.

Reactions: WWMav
Well glad to hear that you can recoup a portion of the cost. Just out of curiosity did you try to run the theft through homeowners or renters insurance if you have a policy?

Reactions: jcp411
Good idea. Will do
logs will only be uploaded to your account if the thief knows the login name and password after installing the app on his device. If he makes a new account DJI will happily serve him with his own flightlogs.
DJI will not track your stolen drone, sorry, several threads about that already on the DJI forum.

Reactions: Sir Marcus
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
volpe