DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Go to fly my Mavic and find this....WTF

Sir Marcus

Reactions
So I decided today after work to go fly and film a little...but no, that isn't going to happen since someone smashed my window out of my car and stole my Mavic... It took me so long to save for that and now someone had to steal it...just got it in December. WTF. Why do people have to steal things that we work so hard for...well on a sad note it will be quite a while to save up for another hopefully, So keep your mavic safe

Attachments

• IMG_1517868945656.jpg
    IMG_1517868945656.jpg
    105.1 KB · Views: 1,191
That is insane, did you call the police. I wonder if your car insurance would cover person effects.

Reactions: Terry G
That is insane, did you call the police. I wonder if your car insurance would cover person effects.
Yeah I called and reported it...my insurance company I have to call tomorrow and talk with them. But don't think it's covered. I'm not sure. Just really bummed.

Not sure which country you’re in, but in the UK many household insurance policies cover items in cars.

My home insurance contents policy covers my Mavic if it’s stolen from my car. The only requirement is that the car is locked and the Mavic is in the boot.

Man, that sucks. Check your local pawn shop, I have found some of my stuff in those...lovely places...:(

Reactions: Chirp
Well if that person dumb enuff to seal it or fly it ....its possible to track it with your FAA number , ....you did register your drone right? plus you may want let the FAA or someone that it is stolen , so that you wont blame you for any mischief

That is a question that I have. There have been many postings on State Farm insurance but what type of coverage does State Farm offer in these postings???

I don’t have State Farm for my Mavic, but reading other posts, some were able to get payment for lost Mavics, crashes etc. I am interested in getting it, the cost is less than DJI refresh in most cases. Plus no deductible like DJI.

Why do people have to steal things that we work so hard for...

Because they usually have a costly habit that needs financing.
These scumbags really don't care of the cost to you not only with the drone itself, but also the repair bill to your car and your loss of time.

Hopefully there's the slim chance you'll get it back through one of the ways mentioned but to be honest, it's probably long gone now.

You or your family weren't hurt here which is the main thing and the drone and window can be replaced.

Chalk it up to one of lives annoyances and just be thankful your life isn't in the same sorry state theirs must be.

Well if that person dumb enuff to seal it or fly it ....its possible to track it with your FAA number , ....you did register your drone right? plus you may want let the FAA or someone that it is stolen , so that you wont blame you for any mischief
Yes I did register it and I never thought of contacting the FAA Thanks for that input. Be doing that first thing in the morning.

Reactions: jcp411 and ToddR
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart