DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Go to fly my Mavic and find this....WTF

Someone correct me if this idea isn't the right thing to do. What if you posted the serial number on this website? A Google search for that number will bring up a link to your post. Possibly a member of this forum will just happen to see a drone for sale at a pawn shop, yard sale, ebay, etc. (just as has been suggested in this thread.) They could do a search and see if the serial number matches.
The serial number search works as I tried it on a number that somebody posted on this forum.
Again, tell me if this suggestion is not advisable. Thanks

edited to add:
I just searched for a stolen stuff database and found this:
Home :: Trace :: America's largest database of stolen goods
Has anyone here used this database and is it legit?

Reactions: Sir Marcus
Where I’m from you don’t leave anything in your car within sight unless you want a broken window. Just not safe anymore anywhere !!!

So I decided today after work to go fly and film a little...but no, that isn't going to happen since someone smashed my window out of my car and stole my Mavic... It took me so long to save for that and now someone had to steal it...just got it in December. WTF. Why do people have to steal things that we work so hard for...well on a sad note it will be quite a while to save up for another hopefully, So keep your mavic safe
Yes I did register it and I never thought of contacting the FAA Thanks for that input. Be doing that first thing in the morning.
So how do you register it? I thought it was the pilot that's registered with the FAA not the drone...I'm registered with the FAA and have a # to display on the drone...is there something else your suppose to register with the FAA like serial # or something??

Reactions: Tim32581
So how do you register it? I thought it was the pilot that's registered with the FAA not the drone...I'm registered with the FAA and have a # to display on the drone...is there something else your suppose to register with the FAA like serial # or something??
he must have reg wrong because the reg is to the owner not the drone

UPDATE....... My insurance does cover it. But is it really worth it...deductible is 500.00 dollars. And they will only give me 500.00 towards my Mavic... OK I can now say I'm pissed. Even more then before.

If you argue with them, they'll give you the full value. They're just trying to get you to be a pushover. Alternative, try your homeowner's insurance.

Reactions: Brojon
That is a question that I have. There have been many postings on State Farm insurance but what type of coverage does State Farm offer in these postings???

I have full coverage on my MP, three batteries, 8 props, and controller.. all i had to pay was $60 for a years worth of insurance.

Well glad to hear that you can recoup a portion of the cost. Just out of curiosity did you try to run the theft through homeowners or renters insurance if you have a policy?
Yes I tried it also under my homeowners. But it doesn't cover it since I was not at my house when it occurred. Seems Insurance looks for the easiest way out.

That's a real shame since they're in the perfect position to do so...
Called dji and asked them if they could help me...they said they could not. Even if thief calls all he says is he just bought it from someone. Private sale. I think that's bull.

I have full coverage on my MP, three batteries, 8 props, and controller.. all i had to pay was $60 for a years worth of insurance.
I never got Insurance on my drone itself. Never knew that I was able too. But when I get another one I for sure will.

Reactions: Kyushuman
I never got Insurance on my drone itself. Never knew that I was able too. But when I get another one I for sure will.

After i crashed my Mavic i had to wait 4 months on DJI to get my drone back to me, so after that ordeal i vowed to never have to deal with DJI for any of my repairs so i looked into insurance and State Farm offered the best considering i spent $150 for a broken back prop arm, then waited for it to come back was the whole four months...

Yes I tried it also under my homeowners. But it doesn't cover it since I was not at my house when it occurred. Seems Insurance looks for the easiest way out.
Did you speak to your agent or insurance company? I'm guessing agent, as your personal property is covered away from your home. I'd you want to look into this and someone tells you that it is not covered, ask them for a written denial. They are obligated to send this to you and anyone who won't send it is writing is not in a position to deny your claim.

If you argue with them, they'll give you the full value. They're just trying to get you to be a pushover. Alternative, try your homeowner's insurance.
A deductible is a deductible, it's black and white. The insurance company won't ignore the deductible. It has nothing to do with someone being a pushover, it's a well known and accepted fact that a deductible applies on a homeowners claim.

No matter how I look at it. It's all a big headache for me...I learned my lesson for sure.

All of this is as bad as crashing your mavic and having no other choice other than sending it off to dji with the helpless feeling that you may never see your bird again....

Man, that’s terrible! Maybe you can locate it through the sources mentioned. Did you lose the controller too?

Keep us updated.
Jim
WA5TEF

Lost mine the same way, DJI no help, insurance no help, the help I got was him helping himself to my bird. Took a little time but did get another. Don't buy new used is the way to go, got way way more for the money.

I did make easy for them truck unlocked, but im in the country so just didn't think about it.

. Not to my knowledge. I did the same thing as you did. And they gave me a number which I have displayed on my mavic. I far as I know that's all we need to do. Hope I'm right.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
volpe