DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Go to fly my Mavic and find this....WTF

Man, that’s terrible! Maybe you can locate it through the sources mentioned. Did you lose the controller too?

Keep us updated.
Jim
WA5TEF
They grabbed my whole bag. Which in all honest looks alot like my camera bag. Im Sure they had no idea it was a drone. Probably think it's a toy.

Lost mine the same way, DJI no help, insurance no help, the help I got was him helping himself to my bird. Took a little time but did get another. Don't buy new used is the way to go, got way way more for the money.
Your so right about not getting any help. Dji basically told me its not there issue. There customer service sucks. Great products but poor service. I'm already keeping a eye out for another one. Just haven't found a deal I can afford.

So I decided today after work to go fly and film a little...but no, that isn't going to happen since someone smashed my window out of my car and stole my Mavic... It took me so long to save for that and now someone had to steal it...just got it in December. WTF. Why do people have to steal things that we work so hard for...well on a sad note it will be quite a while to save up for another hopefully, So keep your mavic safe

Hopefully the loss is covered with your auto insurance. With a lot of insurance companies it is.

My daughter had a MacBook laptop and carrying case stolen from her car after a thief smashed out one the side windows. It was sitting in plain sight on the rear seat. The thief is the scumbag but my daughter was careless. The insurance company of mom & dad replaced it for her. But I cautioned her we'd only replace it once. She's not careless anymore. All valuable items out of sight in the trunk BEFORE arriving at the parking destination.

Mark

Reactions: Sir Marcus
I don't know about anybody else, but my house insurance deductible is $5K US. I have comprehensive insurance on my car for these kind of events.

Hmm, so they want you to pay $500 for them to give you $500....seems legit...

No, you make a claim for $1,000 or the full price of what you paid for it plus all the accessories. Definitely count all accessories, bag, extra batteries, at full retail. They will send you a check for the full amount of it minus $500. That is how a deductible works. So at minimum s/he should get a check for $500. My suspicion is you probably could get a check for like $700. And if you are in the United States (as it appears) homeowners or comprehensive auto will cover this as long as the total is not above the deductible amount. Homeowners doesn't work if you don't have a personal items amount on your homeowners policy. We have a $1,000 deductible on our homeowners insurance for personal items. So for me it would be close to wash although I would get about $500 as I have about $500 in accessories.

I don't know about anybody else, but my house insurance deductible is $5K US. I have comprehensive insurance on my car for these kind of events.
It is that a deductible on personal items as well? Sometimes they break these out.

It is that a deductible on personal items as well? Sometimes they break these out.

If it's scheduled, which means if you reported this item to your insurance and paid a small amount for it's coverage then it won't have a deductible. No one is understanding that the State farm insurance is a personal items insurance and if you have renters or homeowners you can already do that on that policy.
How do you think people cover say a diamond ring. They don't leave it in the total personal items on the house normally, it's suggested they "schedule it". Meaning they call the insurance agent and tell them they have a ring at x value that they want to insure. The company may need an appraisal but then they set a rate and that specific item has a value and it's covered, with no deductible.
If you don't schedule it then items will typically fall under your personal property on the home or renters and that coverage follows you worldwide, but whatever deductible you have is applied if you lost something. It's applicable for individual items being stolen but it's really there if say your house burns down and you lose it all, or that type of scenario.

So if you schedule it and anyone with home or renters can do this in the US, then typically it's a preset and agreed amount that you pay for within your home or renters insurance costs.

If you don't schedule then it's just wrapped up in the personal items coverage on the home or renters and at whatever deductible you set for that.

Oh and since you just bought it did you pay with credit card? If so they may have a coverage for theft or breakage, or loss within the first 90 days. A lot of cards do this check the benefits on it.

I used to keep my stuff in the car until a few years ago someone smashed the window. Nothing was stolen, maybe the alarm spooked him off but from that day I keep NOTHING in the car

i purchased a specific insurance policy just for my drone only cost me $60 for the year full replacement if crash it or someone steals it $0 deductible.

Sorry for your loss - a real bummer, especially when you've worked so hard to enjoy your new baby. Regarding dealing with the issue to avoid bad dudes peering through your car window, 20 years ago I owned a station wagon as a third car with no trunk to hide my precious cargo. So I went with the camouflage "junky look" route, strewing a bunch of paper bags, newspaper pages and other debris all over the back seat and wagon area... yet another way to provide cover and concealment as well as make the car appear to be not worth breaking into!

I had a credit card years ago that not only doubled the warranty, but also had some kind of loss /theft coverage. Wish I could remember more, but if you bought with a card it might be worth checking into.

For those quoting $60/year insurance, please provide more details. State Farm quoted me over $300/year.

I called State Farm, told them I bought a drone they quoted me 60 dollars and I paid the fee. Not sure what else I can tell you.

Sad at times, these days. What selfishness resides. Just a though...
Crash and dash thefts are painfully common. Remember, their time window is very short.
1.Store your drone in a place that cannot be seen through the window of you car.
2. Store it in your trunk.
3. Store it in the 'wrong place' (aka a place they wont look or looks like a bag of rags or groceries or something that looks like junk.
Any other tips?
Man, that would break my heart and my soul would be further embittered regarding the state of the character of mankind today.

So I decided today after work to go fly and film a little...but no, that isn't going to happen since someone smashed my window out of my car and stole my Mavic... It took me so long to save for that and now someone had to steal it...just got it in December. WTF. Why do people have to steal things that we work so hard for...well on a sad note it will be quite a while to save up for another hopefully, So keep your mavic safe
Yes, it would, but like someone else said that majority of policy's have a $1.000 deductible so it would not benefit you.

Sad at times, these days. What selfishness resides. Just a though...
Crash and dash thefts are painfully common. Remember, their time window is very short.
1.Store your drone in a place that cannot be seen through the window of you car.
2. Store it in your trunk.
3. Store it in the 'wrong place' (aka a place they wont look or looks like a bag of rags or groceries or something that looks like junk.
Any other tips?
Man, that would break my heart and my soul would be further embittered regarding the state of the character of mankind today.

Oh man I once left my mavic charger in my hard case it got stolen, lol must have been so sad once they got it open just to find some cables

Hello

You know if you bought it with American Express Gold it would be covered for 90 days! I feel sure that many cards have that kind of extra coverage. I’ve had my AX since 1970 and it even covered a crash repair!

Sir: Man that's just terrible to go through. 1- Chalk it up to a lesson in life. It sucks but don't let it define you. It is what it is... keep your eyes out on local pawn shops and ebay for sure. Not sure where you parked but are there cameras any where near ... houses, businesses.... that might help. I have cheap video cameras all around my house and we live in a safe neighborhood. Having said that... we've caught (the police did) a group of kids going through cars (mine are ALWAYS locked ...at home and wherever we go) and caught one burglar as he broke into my neighbors house. Cameras are cheap and wicked easy to install now a days. 2- Don't ever expect help from DJI. I sent in one of my drones, under warranty, because a motor was whining. They said it was covered, being shipped, after weeks ... I complained and they sent me some beater machine that screamed with noise and a beat up phantom box. I was so pissed... still am to this day. I gave them the serial number of my drone and even with that they couldn't locate it. They kept my fairly new drone in the prestine box and sent me beat up box with the drone. I sent it back and they sent it back... it sits in the corner because I'm to pissed to fly it. That was last year. I have purchased two more drones along with State Farm. They will never get one of my drones again.... (just another cruel lesson). Best of luck, maybe you can post a REWARD in the area it was stolen from, with a photo of your window and description of the bag stolen. If the police have a web sight make sure your THEFT is posted and the location. Best of luck to you !!! ( strange this post is from 2017, my reply is on 2- 10/18 hope you've had some luck locating it)

Reactions: radman
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Olga