DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Going from Beginner mode to Tripod mode

bsshog40

Reactions
So there really isn't nothing in the manual showing beginner mode restrictions and default settings. I would like to fly my MP a little further than the 30m home point limit. I'm new to flying, so I still want to take things slow and easy and still have all my safeguards in place. Are there some features I lose going from beginner mode to tripod mode? Will I need to go in and reset any settings I've changed in the beginning? Thanks for any help!

Your Mavic is going to fly very slowly in tripod mode. I think you'll find it less useful than beginner mode.

Will I need to go in and reset any settings I've changed in the beginning?
No.

Your Mavic is going to fly very slowly in tripod mode. I think you'll find it less useful than beginner mode.

No.
Thats ok, I'm not concerned about the speed. Just want to be able to get a little more distance. I'm on open property and just want to walk around with it getting used to maneuvering left to right and back and forth. Right now it basically confines me to a circle and I want to take longer walks with it. Lol

I much concur with taking it slow and easy, but then one can be overly cautious...just make slow deliberate, and gentle stick movements and note the response. Also, don't be afraid to make combined movements with both sticks.

I much concur with taking it slow and easy, but then one can be overly cautious...just make slow deliberate, and gentle stick movements and note the response. Also, don't be afraid to make combined movements with both sticks.
I hear ya. Thats what I'm getting in to a little is the operation of combined sticks. I like being overly cautious. I have dji refresh, but dont wanna have to use it, and slow is not a problem for me.

Just take it out of beginner mode but enter your own max height and max range choices in the settings in the DJI app.

Reactions: bsshog40
I had mine in beginner mode for about 5 minutes before turning it off. I think the key is to use your head, slow movements with the sticks, nice and simple. Another key is get the craft in the air, not 5 feet of the ground. Mistakes can be corrected easily if the ground isn't on top of you in an instant...

Sent from my SM-T810 using MavicPilots mobile app

I had mine in beginner mode for about 5 minutes before turning it off. I think the key is to use your head, slow movements with the sticks, nice and simple. Another key is get the craft in the air, not 5 feet of the ground. Mistakes can be corrected easily if the ground isn't on top of you in an instant...

Sent from my SM-T810 using MavicPilots mobile app
I've had mine up to the 30m height limit. What I want to get away from is the home point radius. I want to be able to walk it around the property and get some other aerial shots. Thanks for everyones help. Think I'll try tripod mode first, and if thats too slow, may just go to P-mode. Gonna stay away from sport mode for a while. I like the OA settings while I learn.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacjes