DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Going To Canada Soon-UK Citizen-Got SFOC-Travel 6 Oct 2019

Mavic0202

Reactions
Hi, i am a UK Citizen, i just did everything and got my SFOC, however, as we know, NO flying in National Parks, but also NO flying in Provincial Parks, I've been on the Transport Canada website Drone tool,

With all the restrictions and off limits, is it really worth still taking my Mavic into Canada?, everybody today seems to be Anti Drone, always someone telling you they are banned etc, i find it best to sit in a car when flying, as soon as someone sees you with the handset you seem to attract a know it all, my patience is too thin to be nice to these people, i always seem to give them two words with 3 'F's in them!

Having spent so much time and effort in getting this SFOC, its almost worthless, we are travelling BC & Alberta, are there any scenic vistas that are not in National Parks or Provincial Parks? I've google street viewed my driving route and although perhaps scenic by UK standards, not a patch on what is in those protected No Fly Zones, a small part of me would be tempted to fly in Provincial Parks, way out of the way, discreetly, but i guess its just not worth the risk of getting a huge fine and having my Mavic confiscated, anybody got any opinions and or experiences?

I think you'll find there are plenty of places to fly. Canada's national parks cover only 3% of the country and maybe another 3% for provincial parks.
Not sure where you read that they were not allowed in provincial parks the that is closest to me allows them with permission from the park superintendent, which isn't hard to get as long as your not going to be disturbing wildlife of flying over beaches.
Any specific questions about Ontario I can probably help with as that's the province I live in.
Cheers

I think you'll find there are plenty of places to fly. Canada's national parks cover only 3% of the country and maybe another 3% for provincial parks.
Not sure where you read that they were not allowed in provincial parks the that is closest to me allows them with permission from the park superintendent, which isn't hard to get as long as your not going to be disturbing wildlife of flying over beaches.
Any specific questions about Ontario I can probably help with as that's the province I live in.
Cheers
Thanks for the tips, i will be bringing my Mav to canada!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mlaut