DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Going way too far with Mavic Air 2 - CE Range Test (Mallorca, Spain)

Here's the video of the range test:

Personally I am delighted that you have changed your outlook but suggest that presenting comments seemingly in support of flights to 500m AGL, or into manned aircraft air space, might not be the way to reassure folks of that change.

Looks like an airport or a long stretch of road near where you were out at.
This?

1673260002387.png

Yes, this was an airport a while ago, but now it is closed and doesn't operate anymore. Even on the official drone map there isn't any no-fly zone around here.

I cant help but wonder, why even post this? Why now?
Mavic Air 2 is an incredible drone, I wanted to show how far it can fly.
I understand you might not like that I went that high and far due to the regulations, but as I mentioned, I did it once, and will not do it again. Hope you can understand.

I really wonder why the moderators leave such threads up.

In my opinion, they do nothing other that encourage others to blatantly and knowing break rules and laws that continue to get more restrictive. And why do these rules and laws continue to get more restrictive? For the exact reason that people continue to do these sort of things, and then openly post about it.

Just my humble opinion!

Reactions: Myetkt

In my opinion, they do nothing other that encourage others to blatantly and knowing break rules and laws that continue to get more restrictive. And why do these rules and laws continue to get more restrictive? For the exact reason that people continue to do these sort of things, and then openly post about it.

Just my humble opinion!
The only way to deter bad behaviour is to openly discuss it.

Look. If you don't like this, then leave this thread. I hate people leaving negative comments on such threads.

Look. If you don't like this, then leave this thread. I hate people leaving negative comments on such threads.
Or, if you don't like negative comments, then don't post post something that you know will receive negative comments. You seem to be catching precisely what you were fishing for.

Quoting your initial post, "I know I'm going to receive negative comments about this flight."

Quoting your initial post, "I know I'm going to receive negative comments about this flight."
I said that to avoid getting them, so people that are about to leave them, don't.
Anyway, we're getting off-topic here.

I regularly do 4.5 km flights where I live, I live near a large mountain range and on the other side of it is NASA’s tibinbilla tracking station.

Attachments

• AFAFD767-A398-4F80-80E5-BCF4B31AE5DC.jpeg
    AFAFD767-A398-4F80-80E5-BCF4B31AE5DC.jpeg
    3.6 MB · Views: 11
Reactions: Yaros
It is people like you that are giving this hobby/profession a bad reputation.

You openly, knowingly and blatantly break the rules and the laws, and then you come on the forums to openly 'brag' about it. And you think you wont get any criticism?

You can hate all you want, I WILL call out these sorts of posts.

/smh

Reactions: MS Coast
And you think you wont get any criticism?
I do know that I will get, I even mentioned it in my initial post.
But by that I tried to avoid it as much as possible.
Try to think of this as a positive post, not a negative post.
And look, I even mentioned that I'm not doing these kinds of things anymore, I know that I was wrong.

If flying BVLOS is such a no-no , why do DJI and other drone manufacturer's make such a big deal of promoting the max possible range of the transmission signal on every new model. Yes signal penetration is important but saying their product can fly 15km only encourages some newbie with too much money to test out that claim , does it not

Reactions: Yorkshire_Pud
If flying BVLOS is such a no-no , why do DJI and other drone manufacturer's make such a big deal of promoting the max possible range of the transmission signal on every new model. Yes signal penetration is important but saying their product can fly 15km only encourages some newbie with too much money to test out that claim , does it not
It's no worse than an automobile manufacturer stating in the specs for a model that its top speed is 130 mph.

I agree with you that it's all to easy for someone to purchase a drone and immediately operate it dangerously without having any idea of good practice or regulations. Or common sense, for that matter.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danyjames_