DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Good review of strobes

Thank you so much for the test. Personally, I have two ARC V tri-color strobes, which work great and two of the Ulanzi DR01's, which were pretty low-rated, but they make good red/green position lights for the side of the drone. For the Mavic Mini, I like the Firehouse bottom-mount unit which has a clip, with a tape-sealed board with 4 CREE LED's. It really helps.

Wonder why no review if the ARC-XL? My XL's appear to have one less emitter than the ones shown on the FH website but are very bright. Maybe a upgrade...I don't know? I just know how well mine work.

I do have those strobes the reviewer called the"dome". Firehouse sells those or did sell them under the name of the "Spark". I've got a couple and the run times is not close to what was stated in the review. They did say they didn't test run times though. I get about an hour and a half and the latter run times are much less brilliant. Perhaps they all do this. Most flights are about 20 minutes but my ARC-2's generally run much longer and stay bright over the course of the day. My gripe with the ARC-2's are the power button which is difficult to use.

Other than that, most of this review is somewhat helpful for night flights. However I use my strobes during daylight so that would be a slightly different type of review. ARC-2 strobes have a great run time, are light and small in size. Great choice for Velcro mounting.

I don't have the FH ARC-V but they did show how well the lens works at an angle. Very interesting.

I don't have to watch the video to know my ARC Six led XL's are the brightest strobes on the market. I only use the ARC XL 6 led white LEDs, White is the brightest. They also make a high pitched beeping sound if the drone lands or is grounded for longer than a couple minutes. It helps you find a drone if lost on the ground somewhere. Follow the beeping noise, it's loud. That's also a good reason to use them during the day. Too fly in daylight, to an extreme VLOS, I use a small 2000 lumen flash light on my larger drones. I can see the 2000 lumen light during a sunny day over 3 miles away easily. It's weight takes 5 minutes off my flight time, but its, nice to see the drone's position whenever you want. It looks like a ball of light or UFO.

Attachments

• ARX Six LED XL Strobe Lights.jpg
    ARX Six LED XL Strobe Lights.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 19
Last edited:
I don't have to watch the video to know my ARC Six led XL's are the brightest strobes on the market. I only use the ARC XL 6 led white LEDs, White is the brightest. They also make a high pitched beeping sound if the drone lands or is grounded for longer than a couple minutes. It helps you find a drone if lost on the ground somewhere. Follow the beeping noise, it's loud. That's also a good reason to use them during the day. Too fly in daylight, to an extreme VLOS, I use a small 2000 lumen flash light on my larger drones. I can see the 2000 lumen light during a sunny day over 3 miles away easily. It's weight takes 5 minutes off my flight time, but its, nice to see the drone's position whenever you want. It looks like a ball of light or UFO.
i wish we could buy these in the uk

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucent6408d